So did we ever find out when?

WilcoKen

Well thats not very encouraging.
I hate to say it but it's the way it is. I grew up on OH and hunted it a lot up until 2004. It simply got to the point of just not being worth the effort it took to fix and hunt a blind there. And I lived 5 minutes from the ramp. I hope you are not traveling far to hunt it. If you are, make your blind comfortable and set it up for a fun hangout with buddies. Eat some good food and enjoy the sunrises. Bring a rod/reel and fish some too. 20 ducks for the season will be a smash up year.

Pic IN the Casa

Someone drew a blind and asked for help on Facebook. I am familiar with that wma so I told them to PM me if they wanted.
This woman put in for the draw for her husband. Well, he got a blind. I told her that historically the blind wasn't very productive (probably shoot some wood ducks the first few weeks) and it is only accessible by boat. (Both facts). She told me he HAS NEVER HUNTED AND DIDN'T OWN A BOAT!
I would bet money he never sends an intent to hunt back to TWRA.

Another guy saw my post about sending me a PM to the woman. He PM'D me and actually drew a productive blind. It too is only accessible by boat. He has never duck hunted and does not have a boat. I asked if anyone in his group had a boat and he told me he put in as an individual.
Both of these people put in as individuals.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Someone drew a blind and asked for help on Facebook. I am familiar with that wma so I told them to PM me if they wanted.
This woman put in for the draw for her husband. Well, he got a blind. I told her that historically the blind wasn't very productive (probably shoot some wood ducks the first few weeks) and it is only accessible by boat. (Both facts). She told me he HAS NEVER HUNTED AND DIDN'T OWN A BOAT!

Another guy saw my post about sending me a PM to the woman. He PM'D me and actually drew a productive blind. It too is only accessible by boat. He has never duck hunted and does not have a boat. I asked if anyone in his group had a boat and he told me he put in as an individual.

Well, at least you learned where to hop in! 😁

TAFKAP

Oh, the sweet stench of "OPPORTUNITY"

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled

You would think that they would at least do a little research before putting in for a blind to know if it is walk in accessible or if they would need a boat to get to the spot. Guess they will either buy a boat, find a friend with a boat, or not hunt the spots.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled

Ain't it lovely?

Pic IN the Casa

Well, at least you learned where to hop in! 😁
The one blind isn't worth the trouble of hooking your boat up
You would think that they would at least do a little research before putting in for a blind to know if it is walk in accessible or if they would need a boat to get to the spot. Guess they will either buy a boat, find a friend with a boat, or not hunt the spots.
If TWRA wanted to give more people a chance to hunt THEY should have given them something more detailed than a satellite image with some circles and triangles on them.
Somebody is likely to get injured or drown.

Dodge Man

Why if it is free? Just like government hand outs and free healthcare. Some people are respectful and sometimes just take it because it is free and no reason not to and just waste it.
If you can enter online and do not have to show up in person a lot of people will enter just for the heck of it or incase they might want to go. Some probably just entered to see if they can get a top blind and shop it around and sell it.

Hduke86

Why if it is free? Just like government hand outs and free healthcare. Some people are respectful and sometimes just take it because it is free and no reason not to and just waste it.
If you can enter online and do not have to show up in person a lot of people will enter just for the heck of it or incase they might want to go. Some probably just entered to see if they can get a top blind and shop it around and sell it.
That was my whole argument against this "cluster duck". It makes it where you don't have to have skin in the game. Just clickie clickie and I'm entered.

TAFKAP

That was my whole argument against this "cluster duck". It makes it where you don't have to have skin in the game. Just clickie clickie and I'm entered.
"CLUSTER DUCK" LOLOLOLOL

Betcha most of the clickie-clickie crowd was looking to auction off their rights anyway. You know, what this whole cluster duck is supposed to be preventing

Hduke86

"CLUSTER DUCK" LOLOLOLOL

Betcha most of the clickie-clickie crowd was looking to auction off their rights anyway. You know, what this whole cluster duck is supposed to be preventing
Probably so and I'm from East Tennessee so no one can say I'm trying to keep my local "duck smashing holes" to myself cause it's the dea sea of duck hunting over here. From the get-go I named this Project Cluster Duck lol

cmn

People should at least do research and know what they are getting in to. I have found the same for many on the Elk draw....

Latest posts