Snow geese in NW TN

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
My son is working in Obion today.
He said between the bottoms between Martin and Union City he said they were literally everywhere. As far as you can see in every direction.
Then when he got to Obion he said there were three times that many.
He said he has never seen this many East of the Mississippi.
He said he would be scared to even try to put a number on how many they have seen.
Wouldn't be scared to say WELL over 700,000.
Makes me wanna take a drive just to see them.

Bgoodman30

They seem to show up in force last few weeks of season. Hope they don't spread the bird flu around our refuges..

bluewinged46er

My son is working in Obion today.
He said between the bottoms between Martin and Union City he said they were literally everywhere. As far as you can see in every direction.
Then when he got to Obion he said there were three times that many.
He said he has never seen this many East of the Mississippi.
He said he would be scared to even try to put a number on how many they have seen.
Wouldn't be scared to say WELL over 700,000.
Makes me wanna take a drive just to see them.

We hunted near Obion Monday and Tuesday. The sky was filled with snow geese. It was very cool to watch.

WilcoKen

I bet the bootheel will be covered in ducks this weekend.
Yeah probably. They were last weekend--actually alot in the dry rice field next to our bean field. I did not go though. Them snow geese just dont do it for me.
8F49B62B-B3A1-4F48-A6AD-9EE3B4B7C754.jpeg

Last edited:

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Yeah probably. They were last weekend--actually alot in the dry rice field next to our bean field. I did not go though. Them snow geese just dont do it for me.View attachment 164698
Generally speaking I hated hunting snow geese. They were what we targeted on our trips to North Dakota/Canada, and in 6-7 years we only had a handful of hunts that were great and some that were good. Ducks and honkers were far more reliable and just as plentiful, but we were stubborn.

WilcoKen

Generally speaking I hated hunting snow geese. They were what we targeted on our trips to North Dakota/Canada, and in 6-7 years we only had a handful of hunts that were great and some that were good. Ducks and honkers were far more reliable and just as plentiful, but we were stubborn.
It's funny, I've gotten to where about all I want to kill is mallards, pintails and gadwalls.

Latest posts