Smokeless Smokeless muzzleloaders ?

Smokeless

GMB54

You meen the guy that converted the gun to SML. You still have all CVA parts other than a plug in the chamber. A 1" tube getting hit by probably close 45kpsi.

GMB54

Exactly that. Your opinion. Nothing more.

Actually there is more, the trace i provided to support my opinion. So it is clearly more than just an opinion. Facts are included to back it up.

Do you have data that suggests the trace is wrong?

M T Pockets 000

I was not going to get him involved in this. I did not contact him. Jlancer500 did the conversion on my CVA45/70. I do not know enough about the conversion to be able to argue with GMB54 so I just told him he knew more than me and I wasn't going to argue. He apparently wasnt satisfied with that answer. Thanks for stepping in jlancer500.

GMB54

GMB54 & jlanecr500 - why the big difference in rise (quick climb versus gradual climb) in pressure between the two traces? What other details are we missing?

Could be something as simple as a bullet loaded tighter than another. Now i know TGinPA was not the only guy doing traces. The guy from Hanks who is also here? on TNdeer did them too and if he wanted to provide trace data as a rebutal he could.;) Im all for seeing it because CF load data for comparison is not all that great. Run Quickload using a 460S&W with that load. I wonder how close i am to my peak estimate.

Last edited:

Latest posts