Smokeless muzzleloader

philsanchez76

Is Tim the gunsmith? Got any pics? How much are you asking for it? I had also contacted Jeff Hankins to build one and he's outta stock for the time being.

Dobble1614

I have 2 smokeless guns I'm in class right now but you can text me this afternoon if you want 9317874379 1 of them is built by Tim in Chattanooga the other is custom encore Arrowhead barrel from Luke

TN Larry

Just a thought but do you know what type of smokeless that you are looking for? Are you looking for a custom built on a bolt gun like a Rem 700 for longer range shooting or a 45/70 break action conversion for woods shooting? Just thought it might help if you added that............

I've been smokeless since 2013 with a 45/70 conversion.

philsanchez76

Just a thought but do you know what type of smokeless that you are looking for? Are you looking for a custom built on a bolt gun like a Rem 700 for longer range shooting or a 45/70 break action conversion for woods shooting? Just thought it might help if you added that............

I've been smokeless since 2013 with a 45/70 conversion.
Great question: I am primarily a thick woods hunter so seems like the 45/70 would work great and potentially be cheaper.

parch

If you have an encore frame I know at one time he had barrels in stock.

TN Larry

Great question: I am primarily a thick woods hunter so seems like the 45/70 would work great and potentially be cheaper.
If that's the case, then I think that the 45/70 conversion should be what you want. Several on here have converted the 45/70 CVA Scouts. H&R was a good choice as well but no longer made. An Encore is another option as well.

philsanchez76

I don't have an encore frame unfortunately. Wish H&R still made barrels. I've got a frame and several barrels from them.

David Sapp

I think the Savage ML is a solid choice, there are heaps of data out there for loads. Easy to source parts also via Arrowhead and likely other vendors.

ratsnakeboogy

I did briefly read about some barrel explosions and some lawsuits.
Most if not all "explosions" were caused by double loading the muzzleloader, or using inappropriate powders. With the pressures you're working with in a smokeless, you have to be focused on what your doing and triple check everything. They are not for casual users.

Last edited:

Latest posts