Smoked Ribeye Roast for Mother's Day

TAFKAP

Was the 325 just for char? As opposed to a 225 oven, looks great. I love medium rare prime rib from J. Alexanders, need to study up on this.

No, the temp hadn't quite come up from the smoking process, so I bumped the oven temp in the interest of time.

Had there been more time to wait, the oven wouldn't have been as hot.

Chaneylake

Was the 325 just for char? As opposed to a 225 oven, looks great. I love medium rare prime rib from J. Alexanders, need to study up on this.
the 325 oven gives you more meat like the one slice at bottom left of picture.
A 200 - 225 oven basically will not have any meat that is past medium rare.

I char mine after the meat is well rested. 500 degrees for 15 minutes.

TAFKAP's looks great and I am sure it tasted great.

TAFKAP

It wasn't at 325° for long though. The one with the wider band of grey was the tapered end of the roast. I also let it roll longer in the 500° oven about 5 minutes longer than I should have because I was messing with some sides.

But tasted great for sure.

TNTreeman

I'm challenged on posting pics but it was great, only one piece left after today . I was going to smoke it on the green egg, went down to start it- no charcoal - no starter. 😡. I did exactly what you said with salt and pepper and added Montreal seasoning. I improvised and put it on my grill with no heat on it . On the other side I put a pie pan loaded with peach tree chips and a solid cut of hickory on about medium heat. It got alittle hotter in there than I wanted but I left it for 2 hrs. Let it rest then hit it in the oven at 500 for 15 minutes. It was 4.5 lbs. medium in the middle and extremely juicy. It tasted like smoky prime rib to me. I used the natural aus jous and creamy horseradish . Baked potatoes, salad, and homemade apple cake . Awesome! Thanks for sharing the process.