Slow fishing this weekend

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Had a blast for a few hours on Saturday with @cbhunter
We ended up with 10 bass but they shut down in short order.
Tried to catch some bream but we just couldn't find any big ones, just the size that @gasman catches.

Went out with the wife yesterday to just put some hours on the motor.
We rode around for about 3 hours just enjoying the day.
I never even fished.

Opened my motor up to full throttle for the first time yesterday.
It was pretty rough due to the wind so I wasn't really comfortable doing it but once.
Pretty interesting, I can run at 5,000 rpm's and she will sit right on 29-30 mph.
I opened it up and it looks like 6,000 is gonna be wide open.
Got up to 33 mph.
I just don't see the need in running the motor wide open for 3 mph.
I guess they are built to run wide open but I guess I am old school, seems better to me to not max it out? 🤷‍♂️

All I know is I love it and still have some learning to do in terms of driving a boat with a steering wheel. LOL
Especially when trying to dock it. :D

Spurhunter

I opened it up and it looks like 6,000 is gonna be wide open.
Got up to 33 mph.
I just don't see the need in running the motor wide open for 3 mph.
I guess they are built to run wide open but I guess I am old school, seems better to me to not max it out? 🤷‍♂️
I was shocked when the four strokes came out and they were rated for 6000 RPM. I wouldn't run it that hard for 3 MPH. As I typed that I was thinking that I run mine wide open everywhere I go! 😅 One of my fishing buddies says there are only so many RPMs built into a motor. You can use them all up quickly or slowly. Makes sense to me.

WTM

wot is 5-6000 for most of the mercurys. i run mine loaded at around 25mph, somewhere around 5k trimmed.

one thing you dont want to do is gun it out of the hole. it puts wear on the plastic hub and sooner or later it will strip and spin out without hitting anything.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
wot is 5-6000 for most of the mercurys. i run mine loaded at around 25mph, somewhere around 5k trimmed.

one thing you dont want to do is gun it out of the hole. it puts wear on the plastic hub and sooner or later it will strip and spin out without hitting anything.
I bump it down a little at a time till I get to 3,000 then bump it pretty good to get to 4,000 quick because from 3-4 I can't see shat over the bow of the boat. LOL
Kinda weird, when I get to 4 it usually keeps going up to about 4,500 and I usually leave it there.

WTM

I bump it down a little at a time till I get to 3,000 then bump it pretty good to get to 4,000 quick because from 3-4 I can't see shat over the bow of the boat. LOL
Kinda weird, when I get to 4 it usually keeps going up to about 4,500 and I usually leave it there.
these boats ride nose high and im thinking of installing an adjustable driver seat.