Sling selection

Jcalder

What slings do you guys like for an AR. I've decided on a 2 point sling but there's several options out there. Like everything else with an AR a person can go economic or stupid. Just hate to waste money or have a drawer full of slings, like I have with holsters.

Weegee

I've had a Vickers two point in some form or fashion since 2010. They are rock solid. The quick adjust is intuitive and easy to get used to. Practice "swimming" into and out of the sling so you can switch sides, go prone, carry at high ready, etc. The $50 you will spend on one is nothing compared to the cost of the AR, ammo, mags, and accessories. If you plan to wear a chest rig or some kind of body armor I would not get the padded one. If you think you might carry it for a long period of time without those things then the padded one might be a better choice. My preference is to run two QD swivels, with the one on the forearm just forward of the receiver.

EDIT: for clarity

Last edited:

Jcalder

I've had a Vickers two point in some form or fashion since 2010. They are rock solid. The quick adjust is intuitive and easy to get used to. Practice "swimming" into and out of the sling so you can switch sides, go prone, carry at high ready, etc. The $50 you will spend on one is nothing compared to the cost of the AR, ammo, mags, and accessories. If you plan to wear a chest rig or some kind of body armor I would not get the padded one. If you think you might carry it for a long period of time without those things then the padded one might be a better choice. My preference is to run two QD swivels, and one the one on the forearm is just forward of the receiver.
I watched some YouTube videos the other night and that was basically what they done. That's what got me to looking at what's out there. I do like the looks of having it mounted just forward of the receiver.

Weegee

I watched some YouTube videos the other night and that was basically what they done. That's what got me to looking at what's out there. I do like the looks of having it mounted just forward of the receiver.
Yeah, something about it just seems right when the swivels aren't super far apart (I don't know if that makes any sense).

And I forgot to mention using the two point as a hasty sling for slow, accurate shots.

hillbillyfab

Anyone using the one from t.rexarms? I've been eyeing it. They're fairly local to me, here in middle TN. I was thinking I'd try one next.

Last edited:

DaveTN

I have standard leather rifle slings on my bolt guns from Turner Saddlery. But I'm thinking I need to add slings to my AR15 and AR10. I'm going to start looking for a QD system that I can put on all my rifles, bolts, AR's, whatever. So I can just snap a sling on whatever I'm using at the time.

You guys have any preferences on systems that would work across all platforms?

Latest posts