Slightly scary/creepy situation

7mm08

Twenty years ago, I ventured into no man's land with nothing but my bare knuckles and maybe a stick if I could find one in a hurry. Nowadays, with a family to support and the crazies of the world, I never visit remote woods or remote boat ramps without a loaded pistol and an extra clip in my pocket. IMO, these remote areas present more unforeseen danger than most other areas I visit in my day to day life.
Agree…..Boat ramps are really dangerous.

Hduke86

About 10 years ago I was heading to our hunting lease after work. It was real late already and my buddies were already out there at the camper. It was down a LONG and very secluded gravel road and as I approached a corner I could see “lights” so I slowed up thinking a car was coming towards me. Well I get up on the corner and see it’s a car total engulfed in flames. It didn’t spook me and I thought it was stolen so I continue on to the camper and tell my buddies about it. They said funny thing is we saw two cars heading that way and a little later heard gunshots. They figured it was “road hunters” so no big deal until the next morning when one of them stopped by to just check it out after hunting and saw someone in the backseat that had been shot and the car burnt to the ground. After that anytime we heard a noise we would be wide awake.

BSK

Lived in KY for almost 8 years. Pot became the #1 farm crop. Called it Whacky Bakky. A DEA plane flew over the county and spotted a farm that had MJ plants between corn stalks for camouflage. Plants had different colors which was a giveaway.
That was one of the situations I ran into in KY many years ago - guys growing pot in someone else's cornfield and protecting that field with firearms. At least I learned what a 44 mag bullet sounds like as it goes past your ear.

Latest posts