Slightly scary/creepy situation

CritterGitter

I had 2 sketchy acting dogs circling around me about a month ago bush hogging. They had collars on i guess from the neighbors down the road. Weird how things can feel dangerous so quick . First i was like hmm 2 dogs , then turned into well im not getting off the tractor thats for sure. Didnt look friendly

bwgarrett3

I had 2 sketchy acting dogs circling around me about a month ago bush hogging. They had collars on i guess from the neighbors down the road. Weird how things can feel dangerous so quick . First i was like hmm 2 dogs , then turned into well im not getting off the tractor thats for sure. Didnt look friendly
I was "on edge" for a good couple hours before I saw them. As soon as I saw the cars parked where they were I felt something just wasn't right.

ImThere

Back in the day hunting Ca you’d come across what seemed like miles of planted pot and instantly knew to GTFO of the area. They carried ak’s and wouldn’t blink an eye to use it.

Safari Hunt

Lived in KY for almost 8 years. Pot became the #1 farm crop. Called it Whacky Bakky. A DEA plane flew over the county and spotted a farm that had MJ plants between corn stalks for camouflage. Plants had different colors which was a giveaway.

Andy S.

Twenty years ago, I ventured into no man's land with nothing but my bare knuckles and maybe a stick if I could find one in a hurry. Nowadays, with a family to support and the crazies of the world, I never visit remote woods or remote boat ramps without a loaded pistol and an extra clip in my pocket. IMO, these remote areas present more unforeseen danger than most other areas I visit in my day to day life.

bwgarrett3

Lived in KY for almost 8 years. Pot became the #1 farm crop. Called it Whacky Bakky. A DEA plane flew over the county and spotted a farm that had MJ plants between corn stalks for camouflage. Plants had different colors which was a giveaway.
Now that you mention it, there was a helicopter that flew over not long after I parked. I'm guessing the authorities know something about it already.

bwgarrett3

Twenty years ago, I ventured into no man's land with nothing but my bare knuckles and maybe a stick if I could find one in a hurry. Nowadays, with a family to support and the crazies of the world, I never visit remote woods or remote boat ramps without a loaded pistol and an extra clip in my pocket. IMO, these remote areas present more unforeseen danger than most other areas I visit in my day to day life.
Sadly, this seems to more true for me as well.

MUP

Supporter
Yep. There's a reason I never go into the woods unarmed - even my own woods.
Dang straight there. The last meth lab operation that was cleaned up on my place was overseen by the local county investigator, among others, and he asked me if I'm armed when I come out to my property...this as I had my sidearm and an AR over my shoulder. I said, well yea. He said good, "bc one of these days you're going happen upon an active lab with the methheads still here, and they're going to do one of two things most likely, either run, or not...be ready for the latter". That has stuck with me ever since.

Lost Lake

Supporter
The boat ramps especially. I’ve walked out of the woods and witnessed some weird things and a few touch and go situations.

Crow Terminator

The boat ramps especially. I’ve walked out of the woods and witnessed some weird things and a few touch and go situations.
X2 on boat ramps. When I was kayak fishing I always stayed close to the ramp I would launch from. Kayaks aren’t as noisy or visible as boats so it was amazing at what I observed in the ramp parking lots on nearly an every trip when nobody knew I was around. It was enough that even though I have a boat now and can go far from the launch sites, I still don’t like leaving my truck out of sight. Waaayyyy too much stuff going on at the ramps. As development spreads and takes over places that were once secluded...it forces people to move spots and the remote public areas is where they go.

Latest posts