Slightly scary/creepy situation

bwgarrett3

Yesterday I decided to go walk some public land that I hunt. This land is in the middle of nowhere with zero cell service. Typically, my rifle accompanies me. Since it's not hunting season I decided to carry my pistol. It was hard to convince myself to do so because I've never carried it on these long mountain walks. On my way in I notice two cars parked in different locations. I would certainly never take my car to these locations. It honestly made me a little uneasy and on edge the whole trip. When I got in my truck to leave I found out why. Two guys were walking the edge of the gravel road in shorts and tshirts, carrying machetes. It was like something straight out of a horror movie. They both were trying to hide their faces as I drove by. After passing them I looked in my mirror to see another guy step out of the woods where he had been hiding. Just glad I didn't run into them in the woods. I didn't have to use my pistol but it sure made me feel better having it with me. Not sure what they were doing but the whole experience was a little creepy.

Knothead

Yesterday I decided to go walk some public land that I hunt. This land is in the middle of nowhere with zero cell service. Typically, my rifle accompanies me. Since it's not hunting season I decided to carry my pistol. It was hard to convince myself to do so because I've never carried it on these long mountain walks. On my way in I notice two cars parked in different locations. I would certainly never take my car to these locations. It honestly made me a little uneasy and on edge the whole trip. When I got in my truck to leave I found out why. Two guys were walking the edge of the gravel road in shorts and tshirts, carrying machetes. It was like something straight out of a horror movie. They both were trying to hide their faces as I drove by. After passing them I looked in my mirror to see another guy step out of the woods where he had been hiding. Just glad I didn't run into them in the woods. I didn't have to use my pistol but it sure made me feel better having it with me. Not sure what they were doing but the whole experience was a little creepy.
“See something, say something.”

Carlos

I've had several similar encounters over the years on public land. It can be interesting for sure.

(Remember, a handguns main purpose is for fighting your way to your long gun.)
Squirrel season is open, next time tote a shotgun along with you, if legal.

Lost Lake

Supporter
Glad you were armed, even though you didn’t need it. Definitely wouldn’t have wanted to run up on them in the woods. Scary thing is, you never can tell what guys like that might think that you saw, and come after you.

morgancountry

I hope they didn’t steal my patch… I was gonna buy a new gun with that money…

bwgarrett3

Didja’ hear banjo music?
Good thing I didn't have any of my bluegrass CD playing.
Glad you were armed, even though you didn’t need it. Definitely wouldn’t have wanted to run up on them in the woods. Scary thing is, you never can tell what guys like that might think that you saw, and come after you.
This did cross my mind as well. I'll be sure to not mention it to my wife. Haha

Latest posts