Skinny buck update

catman529

C22D1BE1-6D9D-4A72-8C56-EA3AC2348A27.jpeg
Posted this a couple weeks ago where the 9 point on my place wasn't looking too hot.

So I moved the camera to an oak about 150 yards away that had dumped a lot of acorns. Neither the 9 nor 11 showed up, but several other bucks and does were in and out of there stopping by to feed.

A couple days back I found fresh scrapes near the original cam location. I went in yesterday afternoon and hung a lock on stand and moved the camera to one of the scrapes.

Woke up this morning to several pics of the 9 working the scrape. He's still pretty slim but his bones aren't showing anymore. I'm thinking he'll be fine...but I shoulda hunted that stand before work lol

A0035492-EF11-4FD7-BB35-8782D8CFDA56.jpeg

megalomaniac

He really added a lot of body condition in just 2 weeks. Whatever was going on before seems to have resolved.

Still underweight...looks like a typical 2.5yo, but I bet he is really 3.5

catman529

He really added a lot of body condition in just 2 weeks. Whatever was going on before seems to have resolved.

Still underweight...looks like a typical 2.5yo, but I bet he is really 3.5
Yeah I'm pretty sure he's at least 3.5. Been watching him since June. I had a feeling he was likely 4 or older, but with him losing weight it's hard to tell now.

catman529

A great over achieving 2 1/2 yr old. He will be a stud in a couple of years
Having watched him all year I'm pretty positive he's at least 3.5 years old maybe older. The 11 point I'm thinking is an above average 3.5 year old and they ran together all summer, the 9 has a big heavy body, he just didn't swell up for some reason. Curious to see if he puts on any more weight or if he runs himself down even more chasing does. That is if I don't shoot him first.

Latest posts