Sitka Gear

muddyboots

Dang I must b cold tolerant. Yawl wear a ton more clothes than me. My cold setup. Bottoms - pair of browning fleece liner pants - browning hydro fleece bibs - top - wicking t shirt - sportsman guide turtleneck heavy base layer- drake fleece camp pull over - browning windprood Sherpa parka. I never get cold. Usually don't wear that in afternoons because I get hot. One other thing I wear a stormy kroner hat and fleece neck gaiter. Worth its weight on gold.

UCStandSitter

Dang I must b cold tolerant. Yawl wear a ton more clothes than me. My cold setup. Bottoms - pair of browning fleece liner pants - browning hydro fleece bibs - top - wicking t shirt - sportsman guide turtleneck heavy base layer- drake fleece camp pull over - browning windprood Sherpa parka. I never get cold. Usually don't wear that in afternoons because I get hot. One other thing I wear a stormy kroner hat and fleece neck gaiter. Worth its weight on gold.
I used to be better at tolerating cold. Wife ruined me. Fought over the thermostat for the last 20 yrs and I lost. Now I've become accustomed to warmer temps and don't deal as well when sitting in the saddle below 40. In particular the wind hurts me.

Mr. Hawk

I really like Firstlite base layers but I use Sitka for my mid and outer layers. I start with FL merino base. When the temps drop I add their furnace base layer to that. Next comes my Sitka gear. Fanatic hoodie (love it) and stratus jacket and pants. When the temps get down in the low 30's, I throw the Celsius midi jacket under the stratus. When it really gets cold I use the fanatic bibs and jacket. This is by far the best system I have ever tried.
I use pretty much same items. Love my furnace base layers with fanatic or stratus.

CrossVolle

i'm a cold natured dude. Ran this system in Ohio this year down to the low 20's and was comfortable.

First Lite heavy weight socks and talus gloves.
First Lite Furnace base layers beanie, top, and bottom.
Sitka LS Crew, Fanatic hoody, Equinox Pants.
Sitka Stratus Bibs and jacket.
Sitka Fanatic Vest on top.

I have found this to be the ULTIMATE cold weather system for me for bow hunting.

Between now and spring, you could easily find some of the items you're looking for on eBay preowned for less than retail. I have bought and sold several pieces on there and found that people that are willing to come off that type of coin for gear are going to take very good care of it and store it scent free.

Last edited:

UCStandSitter

i'm a cold natured dude. Ran this system in Ohio this year down to the low 20's and was comfortable.

First Lite heavy weight socks and talus gloves.
First Lite Furnace base layers beanie, top, and bottom.
Sitka LS Crew, Fanatic hoody, Equinox Pants.
Sitka Stratus Bibs and jacket.
Sitka Fanatic Vest on top.

I have found this to be the ULTIMATE cold weather system for me for bow hunting.

Between now and spring, you could easily find some of the items you're looking for on eBay preowned for less than retail. I have bought and sold several pieces on there and found that people that are willing to come off that type of coin for gear are going to take very good care of it and store it scent free.
That's basically the pieces I ordered. Should be here Friday. I used to be a cop so I don't do used. Been in too many nasty homes. I trust no one

Latest posts