Sitka Clothing

TnBob

I have been using Cabelas Woltimate pants and jacket with layers underneath this year and still get chilled. Anybody using Sitka gear clothing? does it work and is it worth the cost? I've been looking at their Fanatic bibs and jacket.

Tn_Va_Hunter

TnBob":2zj9il48 said:
I have been using Cabelas Woltimate pants and jacket with layers underneath this year and still get chilled. Anybody using Sitka gear clothing? does it work and is it worth the cost? I've been looking at their Fanatic bibs and jacket.

What type of baselayers are you wearing ? I have these pants and jacket and find them very warm !

TnBob

Tn_Va_Hunter":89gxc6au said:
TnBob":89gxc6au said:

What type of baselayers are you wearing ? I have these pants and jacket and find them very warm !
Cabelas polartec

lungpuncher1

I've spent a fortune on Sitka over the years even back in the old days when they used mothwing camo and the original optifade.

Don't get me wrong it's great and its much better than alot of other stuff out there. However i have been slowly but surely switching to first lite. Its so much better for the treestand hunter. Warmer, quieter, doesn't collect burrs like crazy (which sounds stupid until you spend every night of a 7 day trip picking burrs) and to be honest Sitka camo sticks out bad from a distance. It took me a long time to admit all that to myself after spending all that money but its the truth.

Also first lite merino is 10x the material Sitka merino is.

Im 100% first lite now. And the stuff they are coming out with next year is going to be awesome.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

infoman jr.

One of my hunting partners is decked out in Sitka that he bought for a Montana elk hunt. After his first cold morning in the whitetail woods, he froze. He commented that it was much better suited for active hunting. The fanatic would pick up every burr in the woods which would dissuade me from getting them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bjohnson

I use First Lite merino base and mid layers. This year I am using the Kryptek Dalibor II set as my outer layer and I could not be happier. Really liking this highlander pattern.

casjoker

I switched to merino base layer and have really upped my warmth factor over other types of layers I have tried in the past. Really looking into the first light stuff waiting to see what their new line looks like. Huge fan of wool in general. I just purchased a Banded Atchafalaya hoodie, in 20-degree temps I can't wear it if hiking any distance to a stand or using with my climber...sweat like crazy, it's ridiculously warm! Bottomland camo isn't as bad as I thought it would be in the woods. Still a huge fan of predator camo.

TnBob

Is it the Sanctuary jacket and bibs that you use? What are they coming out with next year? Would I be better to wait on the outer wear and just get some merino base layers for now?

lungpuncher1":kgis0jal said:
I've spent a fortune on Sitka over the years even back in the old days when they used mothwing camo and the original optifade.

Don't get me wrong it's great and its much better than alot of other stuff out there. However i have been slowly but surely switching to first lite. Its so much better for the treestand hunter. Warmer, quieter, doesn't collect burrs like crazy (which sounds stupid until you spend every night of a 7 day trip picking burrs) and to be honest Sitka camo sticks out bad from a distance. It took me a long time to admit all that to myself after spending all that money but its the truth.

Im 100% first lite now. And the stuff they are coming out with next year is going to be awesome.

TennSportsman

I wear the fanatic bibs and jacket. Found on sale when they switched to the newer pattern. I love mine but as others have said, it does collect burrs and the newer one would be even worse since it's more of a berber material. I use a merino layer for colder temperatures and cabelas fluffy stand hunter base layer for extreme cold conditions. I don't get cold with those combinations. I've never tried first lite to compare.

lungpuncher1

TnBob":vp6pcxln said:
Is it the Sanctuary jacket and bibs that you use? What are they coming out with next year? Would I be better to wait on the outer wear and just get some merino base layers for now?

lungpuncher1":vp6pcxln said:

I have the sanctuary bibs and the woodbury jacket. Honestly it has to be in the 20s or in the low 30s with a stiff wind before ill wear the bibs. They are crazy warm.

Next year they are coming out with a woodbury bib/ pant. I actually emailed them and asked. He confirmed they were on top of several other new items.

If i were you id buy the chama top, allegheny bottoms, obsidian or kanab 2.0 pants and the Woodbury jacket. You'll be good to go down to 30 in that. The stuff is that warm. Plus you'll find good deals right now as opposed to next summer.

Next summer/ fall buy the Woodbury bibs and you'll be set.

MrClif

Havent got very much of the Sitka cold weather stuff yet but I really like the fit and feel of what I have. The Elevated II pattern has worked very well for me whether in a tree or on the ground thus far this year. As far as burs/hitchhikers go all my clothing with a quiet exterior seem to get em.

kasey

Sitka's customer service is the best out of all the companies. I wear First Lite base layers but that's it. First lites customer service is lacking

infoman jr.

recurve60#":j069ezal said:
Is Sitka gear and first Lite silent? As in bowhunting close makes no noise drawing a bow?
First Lite clothing makes absolutely no noise until you get in to the puffy jackets like the cirrus and uncompaghre.

Bucket

infoman jr.":dp1t84ez said:
recurve60#":dp1t84ez said:
Is Sitka gear and first Lite silent? As in bowhunting close makes no noise drawing a bow?
First Lite clothing makes absolutely no noise until you get in to the puffy jackets like the cirrus and uncompaghre.
I have the North Branch pants and jacket and they are very quiet. Absolutely love them and highly recommend.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

lungpuncher1

kasey":2uu48wol said:
Sitka's customer service is the best out of all the companies. I wear First Lite base layers but that's it. First lites customer service is lacking
I've had the complete opposite experience.

Latest posts