Should farmers and other landowners be forced

mathews338

Roost 1":3ti95xac said:
WG3":3ti95xac said:
One of the major problems people don't understand is that the farmers are playing with a very slim margin on there crops. Between the price of seeds, fertilizer, and various pesticides for most crops to grow efficiently on a large scale, just an acre of loss in can equal a major hit. So I can understand why some day not want to deal with deer. I've seen deer put a hurting on clover in a hay field, so they do a lot more damage than some believe. And when in comes down to some ones livelihood, or a persons hobby or entertainment. The livelihood comes first every time in my book.

And till alotnof hunters show some more respect for farmland, the farmers and property owners will not want anyone that they not know hunting on their land. I seen many farms were hunters would leave gates open, cut fences, drive through the middle of fields, and just damage the land. Also many hunters feel that their hunting rights should be above the farmers
On property that has been leased for both to different parties. They don't seem to want to work together, I've had some hunters try to tell me when I could and could not cut a field for hay, and they where getting to hunt for free. I just got one land owner that I rent pasture from to allow me to hunt the property this year, he just had to many bad experiences with idiots.

I am biased for the farmer and I freely admit it, but I do enjoy hunting and I am starting to make the property's I can hunt better for both hunting and agriculture. But for the farmers who row dlcrop and have loss from deer, if they want to get the permits and legally kill the deer, I say do it.

Im not buying into all this about the poor farmer, I see too many new $100,000 tractors and new $70,000 Duramaxs in the fields for them to be operating on slim profits...I know all farmers are not equal but it seems they get subsidized pretty good in my area when the yields are not great.

Not trying to be argumentative, just calling it like I see it.
you nailed it. I've been around farming my whole life and some small farming operations may have hard times but the big boys got it figured out. They may have years they don't make as much profit but having hundreds of thousands of dollars in equipment is a good indicator that times ain't so bad. Farmers have crop insurance which is fairly cheap last time I checked.

huntinkev

Farmers have a right to protect their lively hood and their land above all.

If deer are a nuisance they should have the right to protect their crop. As I understand it, they can't recover animal, just shoot and leave laying. It would be nice if they could donate it to homeless shelter or something but most probably wouldn't fool with them anyway. I could be wrong about that.

Country1

I see a lot of people living in fine houses, driving new vehicles, their kids driving new vehicles, big bass boat, and living it up. In reality, living paycheck to paycheck, payment to payment. Some farmers are the same way. Don't group all of them that way. I work a full time engineering job and farm on the side. If farmers have it so good, quit your job and have at it. I'm in unit l. I've let several people hunt on my property with 2 conditions.....shoot plenty of does and mount a buck if you shoot one. Most don't like those rules.....gripe and complain about having to pass 5 pts. and don't want to mess with does. If you want to manage property, buy your own and let me manage mine how I see fit. Just my .02.

Roost 1

Country1":27frr50v said:
I see a lot of people living in fine houses, driving new vehicles, their kids driving new vehicles, big bass boat, and living it up. In reality, living paycheck to paycheck, payment to payment. Some farmers are the same way. Don't group all of them that way. I work a full time engineering job and farm on the side. If farmers have it so good, quit your job and have at it. I'm in unit l. I've let several people hunt on my property with 2 conditions.....shoot plenty of does and mount a buck if you shoot one. Most don't like those rules.....gripe and complain about having to pass 5 pts. and don't want to mess with does. If you want to manage property, buy your own and let me manage mine how I see fit. Just my .02.

I like both your rules. If you have a extra spot next year I'm interested..

TX300mag

Poser":1fi9rzxe said:
TX300mag":1fi9rzxe said:
Os2 Outdoors":1fi9rzxe said:
Owners rights above all.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, we can all hopefully agree that there are certain owner's rights that do not in fact trump all. For example, a landowner cannot dam a waterway on their own property or irresponsibly pollute the land and water in a way that would effect others. Would you propose that landowners not be subject to game laws, bag limits, waterway obstructions and pollution laws? If not, then landowners rights are in fact not above all.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

I certainly don't mean that landowner rights supersede existing law. I've heard it proposed many times over the years on tndeer that landowners be forced to allow hunting, depredation permits be revoked, and bag limits be significantly reduced to allow the deer population to favor the hobby hunter.

Unfortunately, as DA posted, many landowners become disgruntled and prefer depredation permits rather than hunting when so many hunters WON'T kill enough deer-especially does.

I know hunters who are given permission to hunt farms with the condition that they shoot every legal deer they see. Is it ideal for hobby/trophy management? Nope. But I believe that is within the landowner rights even if the neighboring hunting club only wants mature trophies killed (but not many of them).

TX300mag

Country1":2f6dd5cv said:

Awesome strategy. I would bet it's very productive and a win for both farmers and hunters.

Snake

Country1":jyme34c5 said:

To have a place to hunt and this is all they have to agree to , some grip ????? First and foremost when I talk to a landowner/farmer about hunting I ask of them .. what is expected of me before terms is even mentioned ? If I have a problem adhereing to their requests/demands then I thank them for their time and continue on . That should be the first thing discussed no matter if you lease it or just have permission to hunt . I've actually quit hunting great property not having s dime in it because of others hunting it and not respecting the land simply because I didn't want them to think I had a part in disrespecting their property . I tell them why and tell them who I think it is if I know them , happened a couple of times with me . If a landowner allows me on their land I owe to them the upmost respect of them and their property .I think they along with every one else should abide by all games laws as well , there are steps to go through if game is destroying your property .

Latest posts