Shotgun patterning left

ShortMountain91

So I patterned my A5 for the first time the other day and noticed all my patterns are left. I used a rest and made sure my mid bead and front bead were aligned to take out any potential mounting issues. I didn't think this would change anything but just to ease my mind I put in my shim to increase the cast off but again made sure my beads were aligned and got the same result, still left. Do y'all think the barrel could be bent? I used 2 different chokes and one was the factory choke so I don't think it's a choke issue. Thanks in advance for any help!
704c1cf07d71491a7c253bb7d80bcaba.jpg
200e8aeea97333a8bb2791a315a1a78c.jpg
0a6d6d29bf05f383aeb851764853f6d1.jpg
87e2167c77824d9fd4a0ee7d9b31b469.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

tnanh

Try a different ammo. Some have different points of impact especially Longboard and the Federal with flight control wad. I wouldn't like that POI either but it isn't terrible . Also, the forearm nut can change POI on some shotguns.

ShortMountain91

tnanh":282suat7 said:
Try a different ammo. Some have different points of impact especially Longboard and the Federal with flight control wad. I wouldn't like that POI either but it isn't terrible . Also, the forearm nut can change POI on some shotguns.
The pictures shown are with 3 different types of ammo. I had the same thought too at first

tnanh

Check the forearm nut too. Get it as tight as you can without over tightening it. May help. May not but has affected a couple of 870s I have.

ShortMountain91

tnanh":3lswhio0 said:
Check the forearm nut too. Get it as tight as you can without over tightening it. May help. May not but has affected a couple of 870s I have.
I'll try that. Thanks

Boll Weevil

Re: Shotgun patterning le

1) Reseat the choke. That tiny lip where barrel and choke threads meet might be grabbing the wad.
2) Consider polishing the bore. Super super super fine steel wool with ample oil as a lubricant...especially in the area of the forcing cone. An old arrow or dowel rod seated in the drill chuck wrapped with the wool...slow, steady. Just super slow ease the machining mill marks out of the forcing cone...they can pull a hull this way or that and throw any and every shell/pattern every time. I've seen a super slick bore turn a couple guns into outright turkey killers when they started out barely borderline.

TiminTN

Thank goodness you noticed this before hitting the woods!! My suggestion, as I have been down this road, is to put adjustable sights on it, or drill and tap for a scope. Nothing will help move the pattern, I`m sorry to say, except the adjustment slots on a low powered optic.

fairchaser

I have the same issue with my mossberg 835. I fixed the problem with a red dot scope. I don't know if it is the gun or me. I shoot a right handed gun, left handed and that may be the issue. Even when I see the red dot on the target, the barrel and bead aren't lined up but I can make everything line up by moving my head. This tells me that the way I mount the gun naturally does not allow for everything to line up. The red dot doesn't require a certain cheek weld to happen so it will fix the problem. Even though you think you are looking straight down the barrel, you probably aren't. At least I wasn't.

Uncle Jesse

I'm pretty sure Browning guns ship with neutral cast on the stock. You need the cast spacer for a right hand shooter. Can't remember if that's cast on or cast off

Edit
Just noticed you tried that already

Latest posts