shotgun opinions

Southern Sportsman

Stoeger M2000.

Very similar to benellis but considerably less $$. I almost got one myself to do the same thing, but decided to go with an O/U instead.

TheLBLman

drrxnupe said:
If you like features of your 835, go with a 935
While a Mossberg autoloader may not be in the same league as a Benelli, many shooters are finding they get better patterns from the Mossberg 835 and 935 because these particular Mossbergs are over-bored with 10 gauge barrels, more gentle constriction resulting in less pellet deformation.

Some things I like about most any auto-loader over any pump action is that autoloaders are generally "quieter" to carry (no rattling action), and less recoil.

Just to add another thought, don't discount the possibility of going to a 20 gauge autoloader dedicated turkey gun. With the right heavier-than-lead shells, today's 20 ga turkey guns are much more potent than most 12 gauges using lead shot, and much more enjoyable to shoot & carry.

REN

Stoeger M2000, M3000 or M3500. All great guns at a good price! i am a benelli guy though without question. I own both the 2000 and 3500 and they are wicked on turkeys and ducks.

wwa7

Id really recommend looking at a Win SX3. They are great! Light and easy to carry plus they are overbored and have the Inv + choke system that throws a wicked pattern! You can get the black one for 850-899

Orion6

Honestly, if the 835 is a turkey model, I'd keep it.

Tons of choke options, overbored barrel, reliable.

If it's not a turkey model, get a camo 835 with a 24" barrel.

If you must have an auto, I can vouch for the Winchester SX3. They are terrific shotguns.

Gravey

Orion6 said:

If you must have an auto, I can vouch for the Winchester SX3. They are terrific shotguns.
It is the 24" camo turkey model and is a killing machine. The reach to the pump is a little long for me but it will lay the smack down no doubt.

Thanks everybody. Keep em coming.

timberjack86

Gravey said:
Orion6 said:

It is the 24" camo turkey model and is a killing machine. The reach to the pump is a little long for me but it will lay the smack down no doubt.

Thanks everybody. Keep em coming.
You can interchange the chokes with the 835 and 935.

Orion6

Wal Mart at one time sold the 935 Semi Auto in a 26" barrel with a sling and all chokes for $449.

3.5 in power for less than five bills. Hard to beat that.

Latest posts