Shotgun all around hunting recommendations?

348Winchester

The 870 made before 1990 is a great gun. After Remington went to bed with Evil-Mart their quality started downhill. It became so bad that we received several at the shop with chambers that were way out of specification. Remington was ruined. Hopefully, they are doing better now but for a long time their products were not worth having save the Core-Lokt bullet. Somehow they did not ruin it.

infoman jr.

The 870 made before 1990 is a great gun. After Remington went to bed with Evil-Mart their quality started downhill. It became so bad that we received several at the shop with chambers that were way out of specification. Remington was ruined. Hopefully, they are doing better now but for a long time their products were not worth having save the Core-Lokt bullet. Somehow they did not ruin it.
Are you suggesting that walmart had an impact on the entire 870 product line?

younggun308

Are you suggesting that walmart had an impact on the entire 870 product line?

Seems he’s suggesting that about the time 870s became a Wal-Mart stock gun, Remington’s QC went downhill. More of a correlation.
Though I think the company’s ambitions waned at one point. The steady descent from Wingmaster to the last iteration of the Express. Pump market has become a bargain bucket market instead of a quality one, sadly. Even Winchester initially had major QC when they introduced the SXP.

BassNTN

I really like my Beretta A300 Outlander. It isn't too heavy, recoil is low, the stock is adjustable and it functions flawlessly in all conditions. I have the camo version and I paid $650 for it. I would say the A300 Ultima would be worth a look too. It has some features that the A300 Outlander does not and it isn't too much more.

Latest posts