Shortage of Acorns

300wby

Been covered up with them last few years, but very few if any this year. Just wondering you guys opinion on if the hunting is better or worse with acorn shortage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

landman

Many guys in my area that own places have very few acorns, and with all the squirrels, coons,
Turkeys, hogs Green Fields will be HOT late season. We are already seeing it happen in some areas

Jon54

In Chester county it was raining white oak acorns in the wind yesterday. They are thick as thieves at Obama's cabinet table

jrbookingtn

Where I hunt all we have is woods, no fields. Last year we were covered up with acorns but they're slowly drying up this year. So far, I wouldn't say it has made the hunting easier. Sat on some for about 5 hours yesterday morning and all I saw was a spike. Sat in the evening yesterday on a small area that had a lot left but didn't see anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

catman529

White oaks are scarce this year, but there's a good number of red oaks that are loaded. Some dropped a while ago and some are dropping heavy now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jm1981

The deer have to move more when there is a shortage of acorns. I watched 3 does feed in a 100 yard circle Saturday morning. After 3 hours of eating acorns, they bedded right there under the oaks.

A.K.A.

jm1981":1jc1i8fu said:
The deer have to move more when there is a shortage of acorns. I watched 3 does feed in a 100 yard circle Saturday morning. After 3 hours of eating acorns, they bedded right there under the oaks.

Agreed!

Latest posts