Short Civil War hunt

SALTMAN

Thanks for sharing . I have a detector but never been very good with it . Bought it to see if I had a pass through MZ shot on a lost deer . All I found were nails lol

Crow Terminator

I like to detect but don't do it as much as I did in the late 90s and early 2000s.

What I wish now, is that I had today's detector technology back then to hunt the sites that are long gone now. Knowing what I know now, there's no telling what we walked over and left in the ground. And now those places are gone forever.

Winter is usually my prime metal detecting time but due to all the rain, it really has put a damper on being able to get out. I generally hunt hard from the close of deer season to around when turkey season opens, and then don't hunt much due to safety concerns and not wanting to bother game hunters. I swear it has rained every day I've had off from the close of deer season. In fact...the hunt in the video posted above, was cut short due to RAIN. I can't show too much of my videos these days, as there are local guys that stalk me trying to figure out where I am digging at. If I show a video with any kind of terrain or house in the back ground, they will do some incredible detective work and find where I am hunting at. Most will not ask permission and just go...and thus if they leave holes open, throw down their dug up trash, leave gates open, etc...then the land owner automatically assumes it was ME that did all that because I'm the only one with permission to be there doing that. One of these yahoos cost me the best place I still had...the site of a huge yankee camp. But that's a story for another time.

SALTMAN

Interesting how some people can screw up a good thing . Lost a couple hunting places because of some jackasses . May have to try harder , it's just frustrating to find only junk . Looking at old civil war maps , there was a river crossing nearby that might be worth checking out . May be though that the lake being formed mite have covered all the good stuff . But there are couple high places that are possibles . Thanks again for info .

Specializedjon

Just stumbled on this. Really enjoyed your video. I've been interested in getting into detecting but never pulled the trigger, out of ignorance I guess. If I'm gonna do something, I'm gonna go all-in. If you've got any suggestions on good detectors I'd love to hear. I live in Williamson Co. RIGHT in the path of the battle of Franklin. I've got to learn all the laws first, but I'd love to get out and see what I can dig up on my property. Keep the videos coming.

Latest posts