Shooting house ideas

TheAirMan

I am considering maybe building a shooting house. I want to build it as small as possible but I have a few requirements also. While not sitting on the ground it will only be up off it enough to keep the bottom from getting wet. I want it big enough for two people. Also I want to fix the window to be able to shoot a bow out of the front at least. So it will have to be deep enough to kinda get the bow up and draw it with an arrow nocked. It doesn't have to be big enough to make it super easy just big enough to be done because it will not be set where there would be a high probability of a deer being in bow range. I just want the option in case it was raining or something during bow season. Anyone here built something like that?

TheAirMan

Yeah I'm not worried about the actual building of it. I was more concerned about what the size it would have to be and how the front window would have to be done.

encore06

My shooting house is 5x6 and I wouldn't want it any smaller for two people, or to have room to swing a bow around.

in the dog house

Agreed Carl. Mine is 6x6x6, with the a 1' slop on the roof. I would think a 10" opening 4' tall would work for a bow. 1' off the floor and 1' off the ceiling, say on each corner.

Latest posts