Shooting at Reelfoot

Andy S.

Sandman69

Got a link? Last i heard, they were looking for him.
I actually hope it's misinformation. The killer needs to spend the last years of his life locked up. Killed 2 young men starting their adult life and shot up a third.....over shooting at ducks he was working. Unbelievable. That place is Varmint Central.

TAFKAP

Makes you wonder too how long it would take to get emergency services (medical or law enforcement) down there anyway. Walnut Log has absolutely ZERO cell service, and it's not likely the blind is reliable for service either. Gotta be a terrible feeling to not be able to reach out for anyone for help.

JThuntsalot

Crash course in link below if you will.

yep, I have the original book with names and all not the newer version that deleted names and so forth. Have read it twice.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Makes you wonder too how long it would take to get emergency services (medical or law enforcement) down there anyway. Walnut Log has absolutely ZERO cell service, and it's not likely the blind is reliable for service either. Gotta be a terrible feeling to not be able to reach out for anyone for help.
Pretty much you are looking at a minimum of 45 minutes.
If the Fulton ambulance is on a call they will have to come from Dresden which is about 1 1/2 hours wait time.
With law enforcement they could be there within 30 minutes unless a deputy or trooper happens to be in the immediate area.
My buddy BobbyG had to make that trip a few times from Dresden and he said unless it was very minor it was never good when he got there.

TAFKAP

If the Fulton ambulance is on a call they will have to come from Dresden which is about 1 1/2 hours wait time.
With law enforcement they could be there within 30 minutes unless a deputy or trooper happens to be in the immediate area.
My buddy BobbyG had to make that trip a few times from Dresden and he said unless it was very minor it was never good when he got there.

Every time I've been to Walnut Log, I don't get reliable service until I'm just about most of the way back to Union City. No bueno for sure.

TheLBLman

Every time I've been to Walnut Log, I don't get reliable service until I'm just about most of the way back to Union City.
I can usually get enough service to text from many parts of the lake, but often not enough service to hold a phone call. It is very spotty, never good. Even along Highway 22 near Union City, often don't have enough service to make a call.

TheLBLman

. . . . . . .
"Law enforcement" is often only minutes away from Walnut Log, but you're commonly talking about a single sheriff's deputy, a highway patrolman, or a TWRA officer, when what may be most needed is some paramedics with a fully equipped ambulance.

I highly recommend everyone who does a lot of hunting in places like Reelfoot, LBL, the Cherokee National Forest, etc., to consider becoming a member of AirMedCare. This gives me and my family a tad more peace of mind out in the middle of nowhere.

Displaced_Vol

"Law enforcement" is often only minutes away from Walnut Log, but you're commonly talking about a single sheriff's deputy, a highway patrolman, or a TWRA officer, when what may be most needed is some paramedics with a fully equipped ambulance.

I highly recommend everyone who does a lot of hunting in places like Reelfoot, LBL, the Cherokee National Forest, etc., to consider becoming a member of AirMedCare. This gives me and my family a tad more peace of mind out in the middle of nowhere.
Not to derail and I'd be happy to read about it in a other thread, but what all does that entail and what is the process?

Mama Doe

I can't get my mind off of this. I hope they find him and justice is served. I wonder if this guy realized what he did and after he settled down and he couldn't live with it. Either that or God said you are getting instant karma today and he drowned. Just senseless over hunting. Praying so hard for all these families who were affected by this.

PillsburyDoughboy

I can't get my mind off of this. I hope they find him and justice is served. I wonder if this guy realized what he did and after he settled down and he couldn't live with it. Either that or God said you are getting instant karma today and he drowned. Just senseless over hunting. Praying so hard for all these families who were affected by this.
I am with you on this. My son is just a bit older than these boys and by all accounts shares all the same interest and hobbies. Could have easily been him.

NAjoe

I am with you on this. My son is just a bit older than these boys and by all accounts shares all the same interest and hobbies. Could have easily been him.
My 2 are just younger, 1 being in school there in Martin. Both avid duck hunters and i worry EVERY. TIME. THEY. GO. OUT.

TheLBLman

Latest posts