Shoes/boots for concrete.

C

chrmayo

Supporter
Changing jobs here pretty soon. In the past I have either stood in place on concrete or drove a lift so not much walking. New position will require 90% waking. If I'm wearing long pants I prefer boots. What do you guys recommend for lots of walking.

G

GRIT

Go and try on some wolverines boots they have been the best for me.

U

Urban_Hunter

I've always worn wolverine with good inserts. I picked the lightest boot I could find and put in the best insert I could find. The weight of the boot will really fatigue you

TheAirMan

TheAirMan

I’m not on concrete all the time but I am a lot and walk a lot for my job. I wear keen hiking shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
When I was on the floor and wore boots my Ariat work boots did me well.

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
Urban_Hunter":119fx3s3 said:
I've always worn wolverine with good inserts. I picked the lightest boot I could find and put in the best insert I could find. The weight of the boot will really fatigue you

^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^

Good boots and shoes are good and help but a good insoles make all the difference in the world.

I used to wear boots on concrete but the new hiking shoes were so much better for me.

Crow Terminator

Crow Terminator

I do 12-13 hrs on concrete every day. Mix of walking and standing. I love the Timberland Pros that are like shoes. With most safety shoes, I can feel the plate. I can't with these...they feel about like a pair of regular shoes. Very comfortable.

C

chrmayo

Supporter
Don't have to have steel toes so I'm not gonna mess with them. Gonna go try some on and go from there

2in1shot

2in1shot

2X What CT said. Best work specific boots I have ever wore were timberland pro. My brother swears by the timberland pro boondocks. Many styles including non steel or comp toe.

S

Smo

I always wore Wolverines . The insulated ones year around.

The insulation will keep the leather from rubbing blisters on your feet.

I wore the composite toe due to my work requiring a Safety Toe.

The first thing I would do with a new pair was remove the factory insole.

I would replace them with New Balance insoles. At about $35 a pair.

The boots usually run just over $100. Then and the insole cost.

The insoles can be found online or at a New Balance store.

If by chance you do get blisters, use Mole Skin around the blistered area.

You can find it at Walmart in the first aid section or by the replacement insoles.

Just cut a small piece , then cut a hole in the center of the piece the size of the blister.

Remove the adhesive backing and place the cut out hole over the blistered area.

With the new balance insoles you’ll think your wearing tennis shoes!

The composite toe and shank seem to make the boots lighter than its steel toed Brother.

If boots are not required a good walking shoe will do.

Light weight , and Good insoles are the key.

I wore Rockport walking shoes when boots weren’t required.

I prefer a softer sole as well, not too soft but with some flex at the ball of the foot.

Ladys man

Ladys man

Crow Terminator":3intvvry said:
I do 12-13 hrs on concrete every day. Mix of walking and standing. I love the Timberland Pros that are like shoes. With most safety shoes, I can feel the plate. I can't with these...they feel about like a pair of regular shoes. Very comfortable.

Same boat I have also tried the timberlands and worked well for the 12 hr shifts mine just didn’t hold up well, have a pair of Reebok now that are very nice but I also switch back and forth with my ariats

Crow Terminator

Crow Terminator

Ladys man":3j1c7lld said:
Crow Terminator":3j1c7lld said:

Same boat I have also tried the timberlands and worked well for the 12 hr shifts mine just didn’t hold up well, have a pair of Reebok now that are very nice but I also switch back and forth with my ariats

They for sure take a beating on the inside. We have to leave our work shoes at work and change into and out of them every day. I am guilty of not untieing the laces and just putting my feet in by force. Mine have lasted about 2 years but are in rough shape. But when I go get a new pair, it will be exactly the same model. That's usually the trouble I have when I find a pair I like...I wear them out and go to get another pair when it's time, and by then, that model is discontinued.

H

Hunter 257W

Wolverine boots with the Durashock soles are the most comfortable boots I've ever had. I bought mine in the Spring of 2011 and am still wearing them. They were almost as comfortable as tennis shoes when I 1st got them. Not nearly so much now though. I think a lot of the comfort came from the special insole that has since disintegrated but they are still lasting. They were expensive at something like $165 but to get 6 years and more out of boots you don't mind paying more.

E

eddie c

I had some Redwing shoes with soles for concrete floors and loved them. then RW discontinued them. Dura-shock soles with good insoles became my buddy then. with my work conditions being indoor/outdoor, I would wear them out ever year.

hillbillyfab

hillbillyfab

I wear wedge soles when I'm on concrete. Of all the surfaces we work on, concrete is the worst in my opinion.

tree_ghost

tree_ghost

Redwing with a creep sole...coming from a concrete man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gobblegrunt

gobblegrunt

I've worked in a factory now for about 10 years. The best boots that you can get is a pair of red wings. I've tried them all from the top brands. The most comfortable, longest lasting boot I have bought is red wing. You can't buy a better boot.