Expired

GreyGoose

What is the best way to go about shipping a muzzleloader person to person in Tennessee?I am under the impression that it can be done through Ups ground and/or FedEx .Any tips on the easiest way on going about this would be appreciated
Thanks

dralarms

Yep, it's not considered a firearm according to the atf. I think you can even mail it but you'll have to check with your local postmaster.

sun

IMO Fedex has the best insurance coverage if it gets lost or damaged.
USPS can require that the entire gun be handed over if damaged in order to be reimbursed for a cracked stock or such, and with UPS you'd be lucky to get anything at all.
UPS makes it very difficult to document the value of the item even if the driver steals the package.
This is based on personal, family and posted experiences.

Wobblyshot1

First of all, I'm a retired UPS delivery driver and have just about seen it all. I still use UPS for shipping muzzle loaders. Recently I sold and shipped a longrifle to a fella in Pennsylvania. He requested 3 day service because he thought it would minimize time in transit thus minimizing the chance of damage. I said okay but looked a the standard ground as well. Not only was it considerably cheaper it was set to arrive earlier as well. We used ground and he had it in two days. My advice is not to scrimp on packaging. Make sure your rifle is well padded and absolutely will not move inside your box. If there is any play and the box makes a sudden stop on the belt I've seen the contents inside the box act like a battering ram and punch through the box end. Other than careful packing I do basically what smyrnagc does.

trap55555

2-Step Enabled
One thing to keep to in mind. Be sure your muzzleloader is a muzzleloader ONLY. It can't be an Encore style muzzleloader, as these types are also a rifle receiver and should go to an FFL if shipping interstate.

I normally ship stuff like this with a signature required on delivery and insured.

Mattt

You can mail long guns person to person inside tn. Nothing to worry about. I use usps as our little ups store says they have to go to the main to ship. I think the store owner just doesn't want it

Smo

02F1AD88-3F08-49F2-9E35-586605992DFC.jpeg