shells?

Ranchy

I am new to duck/goose hunting and was wondering what are the best shells/loads to shoot, me and my son both shoot rem.870's.

rukiddin

If 10 different people respond, you will probably get 10 different answers! lol....

For an all round load, I like 2's. Early woodduck/teal, 4's will do just fine. 2 3/4", 3", or 3 1/2" really makes no difference to me. I have all lengths. IMO 3" is ideal. Kents, Dryloks, and Rem Nitros is what's sitting on my shelf now. I only shoot steel, shoot'em when there supposed to be shot, and steel will work just fine!

For geese, I like BBB's. Before I moved here, I shot T's and they worked great, but I'm not sure if T's are legal in TN.

rbreedi1

A good all around duck load in my opinion would be 3" #3's unless your hunting big open water then I would use #2's. For geese I use #BB.

Spoonbillmallard

You can't go wrong with 3" loads, ive seen em kill em out at 50 yds with em. I personally shoot 3.5" 2 shot in Winchester Xperts. I splurged a little this year and got 3" 2's in the Heavy Metal so we will see how they do this year. I would recommend the Xperts, Heavy Metal, and Kent shells. I have never had any problems out of any of them. And ive seen em kill tons of ducks.

Smashdn

I've had good luck with Kents and Winchester Drylocs. I shoot 4's early and in tight spots, 2's over big water for ducks. 2's will kill ducks and geese if you hit them in the head and neck and not the butt.

Latest posts