• Help Support TNDeer:

She’s Ruined

EastTNHunter

That’s what Uncle J says, anyhow. Got my 10 year old daughters mount back, and letting it air out in the garage a little bit.

She said, “he’s even bigger than I remember him being.” Taxidermist guesses him to be around 120”, but we don’t care. Not bad for a kid’s first buck, much less from public land. Gonna be hard for her to top him anytime soon.

Mama wanted him facing straight so that we could hang him in the stairwell and she could see him every morning when she came downstairs.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.

EastTNHunter

Funny thing is, it was bigger than anything I had shot until just a few weeks later in ML season. She loves to hunt, and we both would have been happy with something much smaller, but God saw fit to bless her with this one.

A few weeks later God blessed me with one just as big, also on public land. It’s still at the taxi, but I think that I’m just as, or more, proud of hers as mine.

Wildcat

Congrats to her for that buck!!!!

Yes, she is ruined. But you will help her get over that. My first deer was a 14 point buck and I didn't have anybody to tell me I could shoot a smaller buck. Nobody else in my family hunted but me except for my cousins and we could not always hunt together.