• Help Support TNDeer:

Sex Texting

ronnycl

recently i am getting alot of texts from out of town numbers soliciting sex. what can i do to stop the texts. it is coming from different numbers. Hunstand app sent me an email saying their system had been compromised just before the text started . My guess only! any ideas

JCDEERMAN

It needs to be a crime. Thought it was. I get calls from numbers I don't know daily. I get texts saying my debit card I just used is being deactivated and I need to click a link to reactivate. I get voicemails from folks saying they just drove by my house and they wanted to give me an offer. Luckily, I haven't gotten the sex text.

Makes me want to go live in a cave.

backyardtndeer

I'd love to know how to stop getting calls about my car warranty, about selling my house (which I no longer own), and about subscribing to Sirius XM!
Same here. Get them on both my cell and landline and have stayed on the line and told them to remove me that I never owned said vehicle. Calls continue.

scn

Supporter
I'd love to know how to stop getting calls about my car warranty, about selling my house (which I no longer own), and about subscribing to Sirius XM!
I'm on the Verizon system. I got an App through the App Store named Call Filter which has cut down on a lot of my bogus calls. It hasn't totally eliminated them, but, it has certainly helped.

I personally operate on the system that I don't answer a call unless it is in my contacts. I let it ring through to my voicemail. If it is a legit call, they can leave me a voicemail, and I can be on the line with them in seconds through the call back feature.

BSK

I'm on the Verizon system. I got an App through the App Store named Call Filter which has cut down on a lot of my bogus calls. It hasn't totally eliminated them, but, it has certainly helped.

I personally operate on the system that I don't answer a call unless it is in my contacts. I let it ring through to my voicemail. If it is a legit call, they can leave me a voicemail, and I can be on the line with them in seconds through the call back feature.
I'll try that App scn. Unfortunately, I feel I have to answer my cell phone as it is my business phone, but I'm almost at the point of going voicemail only. Landline is never answered unless I recognize the caller.

Although one thing that does seem to help if you want to spend the effort is to answer robocalls but say nothing. Not a sound until you here the call disconnect, then hang up. This tends to eliminate your number as an active number and robocalls decline.

Snake

Supporter

This ^^^^

Snake

Supporter
I filled out one survey and the crap started coming like rain . I don' t answer the calls but I get emails about this sex junk all the time it ought to be against the law .

mike243

I get calls all the yime about crazy stuff if I answer, they call and I don’t recognize the number and they dont leave a message i block the number, jad a bunch of phone calls from the Democratic partys last year and will change my number or sur them if it starts up again, i have had my phone number about 15 years and hate to change it

7mmWSM

recently i am getting alot of texts from out of town numbers soliciting sex. what can i do to stop the texts. it is coming from different numbers. Hunstand app sent me an email saying their system had been compromised just before the text started . My guess only! any ideas
You may need to be careful about what your googling🤦🏻‍♂️

Specializedjon

Supporter
If a name doesn't pop up when it rings, it gets ignored. I get those calls all the time. On the rare occasion that I do accidentally answer, you can always tell when there's a delay and then a faint "click" sound. I immediately hang up.

I've hung up on a few friends when they haven't started talking right away, even when their name pops up. It's a billion dollar marketing industry and all our numbers are being sold by just about everyone. It's only gonna get worse.

I'm sooo close to shooting my phone (literally) and buying a wall hanger with a 30' cord like the good'ol days, with an answering machine. Write me a letter if you'd like to chat. I turned 50 on Monday so back off me! haha

Bucket

I'll try that App scn. Unfortunately, I feel I have to answer my cell phone as it is my business phone, but I'm almost at the point of going voicemail only. Landline is never answered unless I recognize the caller.

Although one thing that does seem to help if you want to spend the effort is to answer robocalls but say nothing. Not a sound until you here the call disconnect, then hang up. This tends to eliminate your number as an active number and robocalls decline.
My Google Pixel (android) has a great call screening feature. If an unknown number calls, I have the option of screening the call, and the caller is politely prompted to state their name and reason for calling. It gives me the text of their response in real time, and I can choose to accept the call, send it to voicemail, or block the number from ever calling again. It also identifies most spam calls as such and warns me of that, too, so I can block the number. Extremely useful.

Dbllunger

Supporter
If a name doesn't pop up when it rings, it gets ignored. I get those calls all the time. On the rare occasion that I do accidentally answer, you can always tell when there's a delay and then a faint "click" sound. I immediately hang up.

I've hung up on a few friends when they haven't started talking right away, even when their name pops up. It's a billion dollar marketing industry and all our numbers are being sold by just about everyone. It's only gonna get worse.

I'm sooo close to shooting my phone (literally) and buying a wall hanger with a 30' cord like the good'ol days, with an answering machine. Write me a letter if you'd like to chat. I turned 50 on Monday so back off me! haha

You're too young to be a curmudgeon! :D

waynesworld

My work phone gets them and the number is not used on any registrations it has been a state number with a 629 prefex so no clue where they get the number from. I have to answer it because work. Funny thing is most of the time when I answer with the Department of Revenue they hang up. :)

Chaneylake

another decent app is "Hiya". it will kill many calls before you can answer them.

Laserman1

I would love to give a long response but right now my social security number is at risk and if I don’t call the number listed by this afternoon the local authorities will be notified and I will be in legal trouble. I wondered if it has something to do with the extended warranty that ran out on my 1992 Honda Civic?

Snowwolfe

One day I was bored when the extended warranty people called me up so took the call. Told them before deciding needed to see what they covered and what they didnt. Insisted they mail it me. They said go to their web site. I said nope. Mail it to me so I have written proof.
They never called again.

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Latest posts