Set issue: not freezing, but not going off

Speedwell-Hunter

I keep putting traps in and then they wont go off, i put the polyfill under pan, but dirt gets on the sides still, anyone have a basic video of putting in a trap ? I think i am packing the jaws with too much dirt and then putting too much dirt over the actual pan itself...not sure, but missing animals because of this, need to figure out asap since CAT season is DONE very soon. thanks

Benelli 4 Life

I don't use pan covers, polyfill or none of that crap. Dig hole just big enough for my trap. Tighten it up against the back of the bed as tight as I can so there's no wiggle or racket when I peck on the corners of the trap. Sift Peat Moss all in the trap , lightly sift dry dirt on the peat moss . Situate a few pebbles or small dirt clods to make it step on the pan. I don't even try to blend nothing in either. Catch all kinds of critters

Speedwell-Hunter

Peat moss is your friend only pack tight the outside of the trap and use peat to cover inside .usually we dont use pan covers.then sift dirt on top of peat then blend. Never had a failure to fire but one time and it was my fault rock under pan was the culprit
thank you!

Latest posts