• Help Support TNDeer:

Septic leach line repair

encore06

Just wondering if anyone has requested a repair permit after adding on to an existing home and exceeding the number of bedrooms in the original Perc Permit? My leech field is leaking and the rocky ground may make it difficult to expand or to create a new leech field

PRB

Supporter
Just wondering if anyone has requested a repair permit after adding on to an existing home and exceeding the number of bedrooms in the original Perc Permit? My leech field is leaking and the rocky ground may make it difficult to expand or to create a new leech field

You might have to pay a fee but I would seriously consider contacting your local agency for your county.
My county says...

Septic System Repair Permit

A Septic System Repair Permit is required before any work on a failing septic system is performed. The Division of Water Resources will design a repair for the failing septic system and will issue a septic system repair permit.

I know that after talking to the local septic inspector several years ago, he said that before any inspector ever approves a septic line location, they are suppose to make sure there is always extra, leach field line-ground room, for either a future home (bathroom,etc...) addition, and/or replacing and installing/moving new line(s) due to saturation or other failure.
Best of luck.

Crappie Luck

Staff member
How old is your permit. These days, they will not permit a property without a secondary leach option. If it's withing the last 10-20 years, you're original permit would have a secondary field drawn.

However, you're field should never "saturate". IMO, you have a clog or solids in the lines. I'd dig up and replace the lines right back where they are. Maybe see if you tank is baffled. If not put a new tank in that is partitioned to prevent solids from clogging the lines.

If nothing but liquid is entering the lines, you're kid's kid's will not have problems. If you are getting solids in the line, moving the lines is not going to solve the problem - long term.

mike243

There are only 2 ways to find out, call a local who installs them would be my recommendation or call somebody in the local gov office, the gov office will tell you you need a $500 permit for a 2 hour job lol, sorry your having problems

Latest posts