Self photo gear?

BULL MOOSE

The iphone stays with me all the time. I found it really challenging to take a good self photo from the ground last week.

What do I need? Selfie stick? Some type of small tripod? Velcro strip to hold on a branch?

What are you guys using?

Attachments

• C0205735-2419-4856-B76D-EEF96ACB33AF.jpeg
    C0205735-2419-4856-B76D-EEF96ACB33AF.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 2,450

david k.

Are you sure that's you?? Haha. I always struggle with this too and the best way I've found to do is to flip the camera where it is taking the picture from the screen side of the iPhone (so you can see yourself in the screen) and then position the camera a few feet away propping it up on my jacket, fannypack, backpack etc. You can move back and forth from the deer to the camera and adjust camera on your jacket or backpack to get the picture framed up correctly and when you get the picture framed the way you want it just carefully push the timer button (3 or 10 seconds) which will give you enough time to get back into the picture and cheese it up....make sense?

BULL MOOSE

I forgot all about this post!

David,
Thanks for the tips. I did some of that and got a few ok pics. I think I left my daypack in the car for this hunt.

With failing light and alone, I didn't have a lot of time to get this 158 lb dressed buck moving. I tried moving him some before field dressing and this desk jockey was just ill prepared. The drag was about 700 yards and I'm glad that 550 was downhill or flat. Some type of device to clip on a limb or hold the camera off the ground would be helpful if it does not take up much room or weigh too much in a pack. The iPhone is still a lot better than the old waterproof Pentax cameras that I used to pack!

MickThompson

I keep a spool of rubber coated wire in my pack. It's handy for lots of things and I think I could use it to hang my phone from a sapling for the pic. I usually just prop it on my pack.

Wrangler95

I bought one of those bendable tripods like Omega posted to hold your cell phone.I also bought a little remote that controls my phone to snap the pic!!

Grnwing

I use the flexible tripod with my Nikon camera, works great. I have also used my headlamp band put around a sapling and attached my cell phone when i have forgotten my camera/tripod. Works really with with the timer.

Latest posts