Seek One knocks down a TN stud!!

tanasirivertea

As far as I know, there is not any record book that differentiates between a deer killed on a 500 acre 30 year intensively managed property vs. a buck killed in Leiper's Fork, unincorporated Leoma, or on the Laurel Hill WMA which is surrounded by lots of small properties.

The non-typical Tucker buck fed from suburban back yards before being killed out of a blind in a field just a short distance away. Less than 5 years later, that buck's home no longer exists because homes are there.

I mean no disrespect and owe a lot of my knowledge to learning from you over the years. But.... I am surprised that a deer/land manager would not support killing these deer for population control no matter where they live by any legal means. The alternative is they just eat everything, cause more vehicle accidents, and the guberment will hire sharp shooters or whatever without any person having the ability to hunt/shoot them.

Location, location, location...you cant kill big deer where they are no big deer. A guy living in the suburbs cant walk out of his door onto the back 20/40 or always drive an hour or more to hunt. A guy living in the suburbs sometimes cant earn a living and afford a secluded piece of dirt the middle of nowhere where all of these wild wary animals live.

Hunters have been killing suburban and city bucks for years. These guys figured out how to get it on film, make it entertaining, and turn a passion into a career.
In regards to the Tucker buck, my stepdad said they're building a Publix and attached strip mall at the far end of the field it was shot out of.

Bgoodman30

I have nothing more to say. He's not worth wasting time over.

As for the main discussion here, I know Lee personally and very few people work as hard as he does to kill deer like he does. It's a year-round full time job knocking on doors, running cameras, putting out minerals and treestands, dealing with Karen neighbors and other hunters, etc etc. If anybody earned that deer, he did. And anyone saying the deer is tame hasn't done much hunting in the suburbs. I've done it, they're not tame, and bucks like that one regularly travel for miles.

Yeah but they don't in August… No one mentioned it's freaking August.. This deer was probably moving from the bed to feed and drink from the kiddie pool…. I'm sorry man but managing to kill a 190 during real deer season with real hunting pressure is true hard work.

Bgoodman30

Forgot all the opinions, negativity, , jealousy blah blah.

I'm going to start a list. Change it to your liking.

Easiest way to kill a 190"

1. Farmed deer
2. High fence
3. Backyard pet in August
4. ??
5.??

THEdonkey0515

I got a small buck and a few doe that jump my goat fence and graze in the field with the goats. I can walk out in the yard make as much noise as possible and get within 10 yards of them before they slowly move away and usually come right back. I couldn't bring myself to shoot that little guy even if he grew into a 12pt stud.

killingtime 41

That's actually across the highway from where it was killed. Houses all over the field it was killed in now.
I keep getting add of Facebook saying buy land in Nashville. Like 6000 acres for sale subdivided of course. Not that I'm considering it just though man that's a huge piece of huntable land about to be gone.

deerdills

Forgot all the opinions, negativity, , jealousy blah blah.

I'm going to start a list. Change it to your liking.

Easiest way to kill a 190"

1. Farmed deer
2. High fence
3. Backyard pet in August
4. ??
5.??
I would flip 2 and 3. Seems like high fence may be more cautious than august pets that do not fear their top predator.

Antler Daddy

Both nice bucks!

Attachments

• C607E9CB-1F43-4584-AE95-896167094B55.png
    C607E9CB-1F43-4584-AE95-896167094B55.png
    81.1 KB · Views: 134
  • 1093D3AA-1EB5-4A62-8162-24FC78E00E8E.png
    1093D3AA-1EB5-4A62-8162-24FC78E00E8E.png
    419.9 KB · Views: 138

OldFussNFeathers

FE744C6A-5128-43F9-A150-2105128339C4.jpeg
133EDA23-8BE9-4797-8BA2-A1120390B6EE.jpeg
7B77B0D9-EEEE-4531-BE05-6F63F390AAB3.jpeg

Perfect example of "their" style of hunting. This is from my parents kitchen windows during a visit. I snuck around the kitchen the whole time these turkeys were out there hoping to not get profiled from the windows and scare them off. This was a month or so prior to season opening. Dad said he had to go feed and the next thing I noticed was him with cracked corn in a coffee can throwing to wild turkeys that came running to him. He doesn't hunt anymore and likes watching them. My season was over before it started. Scouting must be terribly hard walking through neighborhoods and slightly overgrown fields with a "Seekone Acres Development" sign posted.

Attachments

• 00D96B4D-0987-4825-B760-C0D81CDB9BFA.jpeg
    00D96B4D-0987-4825-B760-C0D81CDB9BFA.jpeg
    266.4 KB · Views: 31

Headhunter

Jealousy, what does that mean? To me that means you are mad at someone about having something you can't have. Or the opportunity in this case. I can say it is not jealousy with me, I had the opportunity to kill deer in a neighborhood and there were and are some truly large antlered bucks there. I passed on it. I went there a couple times and after seeing tame the deer are, I had zero interest in that.

As far as Catman is concerned, he can say anything he wants, I don't know because I have ignored him since he messaged me about wanting access to where I could go in Belle Meade, but was told by another member that he said I lied. I did not lie and he did wear me out. Have I reached to other members on here about different things. Sure have, some things have worked out, some haven't, but when they said no or not interested that was the end of the conversation. Catman wore me out to the point I just ignored him, that is a fact and I am not misremembering.

Spurhunter

As far as Catman is concerned, he can say anything he wants, I don't know because I have ignored him since he messaged me about wanting access to where I could go in Belle Meade, but was told by another member that he said I lied. I did not lie and he did wear me out. Have I reached to other members on here about different things. Sure have, some things have worked out, some haven't, but when they said no or not interested that was the end of the conversation. Catman wore me out to the point I just ignored him, that is a fact and I am not misremembering.
Post the screenshots. We'd love to see them.

Latest posts