SEDSG TN Deer Management Meeting

TheLBLman

The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency will host the 41st Annual Meeting of the Southeast Deer Study Group
at the Millennium Maxwell House Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee on February 19-22, 2018.

The Southeast Deer Study Group (SEDSG) meets annually for deer researchers and managers to share the latest information on the most important wildlife species in North America.

These meetings provide an important forum for the sharing of research results, management strategies, and discussions that can facilitate the timely identification of, and solutions to problems relative to the management of white-tailed deer.

This is an awesome opportunity for any avid TN Hunter-Manager!
Will never again be this convenient for most in TN!

You do not have to be a deer biologist to attend,
but do need to have a genuine passion for anything about deer, and deer management.

TheLBLman

Re: SEDSG Meeting

By the way, this is a real honor for TWRA to be hosting this,
and this being in TN will benefit Tennessee's ongoing deer management in particular
as many more Tennessee deer biologists (with TWRA, LBL, NWR, Ames, etc.) will be able to attend.

Last time it was held in Tennessee was in 2004 (Chattanooga).

Mike Belt

Re: SEDSG Meeting

Can't make it but I wonder how specific any of this meeting will be to Tn hunting? I would think that the ultimate goal would be to sustain a healthy population of deer for hunting purposes. I for one advocate that we are killing too many does with our Unit L 3 doe/day limits and would be interested in the take on that versus our statewide (and particularly in Unit L counties) kill stats.

Andy S.

One day!!! Maybe in next career, I'll be able to pull away and attend wildlife technical meetings such as this. I would eat the information and data up, but it just is not in my cards at this point in my busy life. Thanks for sharing Wes!

TheLBLman

Andy, you and Mike should both make it a point to attend this one!
Suspect there will be at least a couple people you know from Ames there as well.
IMO, this meeting will have much to do with the future statewide deer management decisions that happen in TN.