Secondary rut middle TN

mdjuh42

Anyone seeing secondary rutting activity? Im Usually sitting in the duck blind religiously this time of year but still have both buck tags left. From my research, peak conception dates in middle Tennessee happen around November 14th and any does unbred the first round come back in 28 days later. Ill be in the stand again later this week and will post any activity I see. Curious to hear what secondary success you have or happen to see while in the woods.

wobblegobble

It depends on which part of middle TN. In my part our first rut is about start this week and crank up decently good next week.

6.7strokin

Had a roughly 135" 8 point following a doe last night in the yard when I pulled in from hunting. This was in Columbia-Maury County. 3 miles down the road saw 7 does together while hunting and no bucks in site. I think the stragglers and ones that didn't get bred in November are starting to come back in.

Gobbler88

I know this sounds crazy, but I think the rut is just kicking in where I hunt in southern middle TN. Guys on our lease are just now starting to see chasing and sign. I killed a 2.5 yr old last week chasing a doe and another young buck was right behind them. Our rut seems to be behind everyone else's each year though. Hope everyone gets a chance at a nice one regardless of the rut stage.

wobblegobble

Gobbler88":hxsqscpk said:
I know this sounds crazy, but I think the rut is just kicking in where I hunt in southern middle TN. Guys on our lease are just now starting to see chasing and sign. I killed a 2.5 yr old last week chasing a doe and another young buck was right behind them. Our rut seems to be behind everyone else's each year though. Hope everyone gets a chance at a nice one regardless of the rut stage.

It's not crazy at all because here in my area it never gets going good till mid to late December. The second rut normally takes place during Juvy hunt.

woodsman04

Gobbler88":highuxdt said:

I think in Giles county, southern end anyways, started about December 4th and will go to about the 15 and season will be closed during second rut. (Or will be about closed..)

Get fawns on our farm in first week or so of July every year. 200-201 days adds up to this.

Stays the same every year no matter what and always has and figure always will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike243

Just so you know the rut doesn't stop till all of the doe are bred,any body that sez different might want to think about all the times he has seen bucks following doe and wonder whats up lol

Bone Collector

woodsman04":1qektmos said:
Gobbler88":1qektmos said:

I think in Giles county, southern end anyways, started about December 4th and will go to about the 15 and season will be closed during second rut. (Or will be about closed..)

Get fawns on our farm in first week or so of July every year. 200-201 days adds up to this.

Stays the same every year no matter what and always has and figure always will.

We have a place in Northern Giles and we hunted it a couple of times around Thanksgiving (day before and Sunday after). I saw rubs and scrapes show up, but saw does bunched up and a random bucks walking around aimlessly.

Bone Collector

tree_ghost":1g0jo247 said:
Starting to pop in middle TN again...better get in the woods boys

I was wondering if anyone in Rutherford was seeing anything. I got day time pics of a mature buck following a doe on Nov. 15th and 16th. I was at work :( if my math is right 28 days from those two days is Dec. 12th and 13th.... I have to work. :(

Gobbler88

I actually went out this afternoon for a little while and saw a dandy. He was bedded with does and another buck but I couldn't get him stopped for anything. I was scouting a part of our lease that I have never been before. Guess I'll be there a lot more now.

Latest posts