Seafoam spray

catman529

catman529

Anyone tried the seafoam spray can in their intake? I recently cleaned out the throttle body on my 91 yota and man it was gummed up, explained the sticky gas pedal for the past 5 years :lol: :lol: But I'm sure that idle control hole is gummed up too, and wondered if sea foam would help clear it out or if I should try and take it apart and clean it manually.

Kimber45

Kimber45

If its seafoam, its good stuff IMO.. With that said, disassembly and cleaning will give a better end result.

B

brass magnet

seafoam is the stuff, I add a can every tank, My truck sits a lot, any small engine fuel gets seafoam in the gas can. overdose ok :tu:

M

mike243

1/4 tank of gas and add a can,really good stuff imo,I would try that before taking it apart

double browtine

double browtine

I buy regular seafoam by the gal. at Rural King. I also keep a bottle of their Deep Creep on the shelf. It works amazing. Go to YouTube and type in sea foam official. There are lots of their videos that show you how to use Thier products. My 90hp outboard motor sat for 3 years. I added a pint to one gallon of fresh non ethanol 89 and the right amount of oil. Ran my engine on it in the driveway with the water hose. It has been running great ever since.

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
I used Seafoam for years then moved to Royal Purple. I seem to get better results.

Pennywise67

Pennywise67

Supporter
Actually I just Seafoam my 2000 suburban and 206 taurus intakes this weekend. The suburban produced a bigger smoke cloud than the ford, even though i just finished up replacing the intake manifold gaskets on the suburban and cleaned the intake somewhat.