Seadek or Hydroturf?

gasman

I'm thinking about putting something in the boat to help with heat in the summer months. The aluminum decks get scorching hot. I can get Hydroturf a little cheaper. I'm not sure the extra cost of Seadek is worth it or not. I want it to last. My pup will be with me sometimes, there will be big slimy catfish in the boat, I just want something cooler and want it to last. What ya say?

Hduke86

I'm thinking about putting something in the boat to help with heat in the summer months. The aluminum decks get scorching hot. I can get Hydroturf a little cheaper. I'm not sure the extra cost of Seadek is worth it or not. I want it to last. My pup will be with me sometimes, there will be big slimy catfish in the boat, I just want something cooler and want it to last. What ya say?
I think both are worthy products for what your intended purpose are. I have hydroturf in my boat and I'll never have another boat either fiberglass or aluminum without it. I installed myself and got the hydroturf with 3m backing. Clean the area and install it, pretty straight forward. I seriously doubt the stuff will ever come up cause after the first initial "placement" if it's not exactly where you want it then you better get it moved cause once it's on ITS ON. I believe with both products that as long as you cover or store your boat out of the sun when not in use that they will last.

TN Larry

Orthodek is another to check out. I had new carpet put in my boat last year and put Orthodek in the bottom area. It is just like Seadek and the product that was used by who put mine in. Either which you choose, I think you'll like it.

WTM

i wonder gow hot in the sun the seadek gets. i got carpet in my boat. gets warm but not hot. another guy i know got the textured vinyl in his boat and said he cant hardly stand it in the summer.

those stainless and aluminum hinges are bad enough. feels like hot lava if you step on them bare footed.

scn

IMO, neither is going to hold up with a dog and a bunch of catfish slime.

I would be looking at the Rhino-lining type of material in a sand color. It holds up better and is MUCH easier to clean.

WTM

You ain't kidding there !!
:eek:

yeah im going to try to coat or paint those hinges with maybe some of that non skid paint im gonna use on the front of the gunwales.

and, let me tell you, if you wear crock flip flops, be very careful stepping off a dock onto the boat. if they are the least bit wet and you step on that slick paint on the gunwales, youre going down. i about broke my leg on that crap and i do not wear those stupid flip flops anymore.

Spurhunter

Text Hunter and get his advice. He put one of them in his boat a couple years ago. He duck hunts and fishes out of it.

TNRifleman

Not sure how much this helps but I have had Seadek on the tops of two Yeti coolers for 5-6 years now. These coolers get abused, thrown around boats and trucks, etc and the Seadek has held up extremely well. Not even the hint of peeling around the edge or corners.

Gravey

When we built our boat carpet was the only option. I told them to not even put the rivets in the floor because we wouldn't use it. There's a company in Lebanon, Tennessee Boat Customs, that does an EVA foam like seadek that they call u-dek. We had them install it and love it. They measured everything and then cut it to fit. Not sure how it would do with catfish slime on it but it's working great for us.
55F62ED4-C960-4018-9207-8E2E287965C3.jpeg

Hduke86

When we built our boat carpet was the only option. I told them to not even put the rivets in the floor because we wouldn't use it. There's a company in Lebanon, Tennessee Boat Customs, that does an EVA foam like seadek that they call u-dek. We had them install it and love it. They measured everything and then cut it to fit. Not sure how it would do with catfish slime on it but it's working great for us.
View attachment 172954
That looks like a catfishin boat to me🤣

Hduke86

View attachment 172954
If you EVER get up towards Soddy skiing and get back towards our creek and see this boat Axis A22. Come and holler at us cause me and buddy surf all the time in the summer.83CF98BF-DDE2-4D4B-B287-F42C3C36BD0D.jpeg

Gravey

That looks like a catfishin boat to me🤣
We had a Supra SA350 before this and the boys fished off of it one time. 🤣

If you EVER get up towards Soddy skiing and get back towards our creek and see this boat Axis A22. Come and holler at us cause me and buddy surf all the time in the summer.View attachment 172959
I doubt we ever make it there with the boat but if so will holler. My bonus son plays travel baseball and it eats up a bunch of weekends. 🤬

prstide

View attachment 172954
Very nice setup.