Scouting in snow

hbg1

Thinned pines bordering cut cornfields must have been heaven to deer during the snow and ice

BigAl

I followed these tracks in the snow for just a little bit.
153531332_430847721507162_7239245103230491677_n.jpg

TN Whitetail Freak

Haven't been on since the snow but did put in roughly 15 miles while it was here. I take off work when snow is on the ground because it is the fastest way to map a property. One of my best doe bedding areas was found in 2016 in snow. That 40 yd area has been used every year since. With the recent snow, the trails I cut were the same trails I found in September. I ended up finding 6 new bedding zones and walked out known trails connecting them between zones. So yea in my area its mandatory go scout while snow is on the ground.

akachuck

Winter is the most interesting time of the year for me. You are right about the reindeer. I watched and they rarely return in their footsteps. This winter I was at a ski resort. Especially at bluehouseskis.com I chose with the presence of a mountain for professionals. If you go up the lift and go further along the height, you can even find footprints. But you will definitely not meet a deer, although it is possible in the forest. Snowfalls do not prevent reindeer from living as usual. They really often look for snow-covered trees to find something. I agree with many previous publications.
@cbhunter poof be gone? @Crappie Luck

Latest posts