• Help Support TNDeer:

Scope ring recommendation for an old Remington 742 30-06

gatodoc

Helping a bud rescope an old 742.....ring setup recommendation. Right now he’s got a high rise “see tru” and an old Leopold 2-7 scope.

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Remington700

Over the years I have switched all my rifles over to Warne bases and rings. I like them and would put them on anything I own.

gatodoc

At the end of the day, went with weaver one piece base and burris steel rings....Now if I can just get the ***^* clip to operate properly with the release button, I'll be in high cotton....

rodeojoe

I bought an old flip over set up rings and bases.
I got them for a 742 that I gave to my Grandson.
But he loves just shooting the open sights.
Pretty cool set-up.

tnanh

I have Tally one piece rings on a couple rifles and I like them a lot. Hold zero and look good.

41Magnum

I have used the Leupold Rifleman rings for years on just about everything I have and none have failed me. I also have a Rem. 742 that was my Dad’s with a Nikon Pro Staff 3x9 with the Leupold Rifleman rings, and they are inexpensive as well. I hate see-thru rings.

gatodoc

I put Burris rings a a decent vortex scope on it. Taking it to the range tomorrow to zero. I’m afraid I’ll find out why Remington quit making them.

Latest posts