Scope opinions

deerfever

If anyone is remotely interested in the Swampfox kingslayer that I mentioned earlier with 3 choices of dots, you can use the discount CRASHSALE for 25 percent off today on their website and it takes the price to 141.75 with free shipping. Just thought I would throw that out to you as that's a good price for that sight.

Southern Sportsman

2. Do you use the sunshade and if so do you leave it on there all of the time or carry it with you and use as needed?

I've never liked the hard plastic cover that comes with them. Buy a 2-pack of these: Dream Plastics Scope Cover

They slip on easily, stay in place, provide a little cushion for the sight, and add virtually no bulk.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Gmed

That front sight is brazed on, not glued. Several people have inquired about how to remove it, myself included. I like the gun but can't push myself into buying one until I see how someone solved the front sight issues. To fill that bigger hole between sight base screws, I would disassemble receiver and tape over the outside of the big hole with a small piece of masking tape. Fill the hole flush from the inside with JB Weld. Let it set up and remove tape. Hole should be filled flush with top of receiver and JB dries black. You could put your tape on the inside of the receiver and fill from the outside if you are careful and wipe off any excess you might get on the gun. If you have an exacto knife, you could put a small piece of tape on receiver and cut it out of that larger hole, then fill. JB is permanent so the only way you could get it out of that hole would be to drill it out if you wanted to put sight back….

Gravey

That front sight is brazed on, not glued. Several people have inquired about how to remove it, myself included. I like the gun but can't push myself into buying one until I see how someone solved the front sight issues. To fill that bigger hole between sight base screws, I would disassemble receiver and tape over the outside of the big hole with a small piece of masking tape. Fill the hole flush from the inside with JB Weld. Let it set up and remove tape. Hole should be filled flush with top of receiver and JB dries black. You could put your tape on the inside of the receiver and fill from the outside if you are careful and wipe off any excess you might get on the gun. If you have an exacto knife, you could put a small piece of tape on receiver and cut it out of that larger hole, then fill. JB is permanent so the only way you could get it out of that hole would be to drill it out if you wanted to put sight back….
The turkey model is the only one with those sites so if you can find another one go that route. Only problem is I don't think they're drilled and tapped so you'd have to get that done if wanting to add a scope. Good idea on the jb weld. That hole is pointless and the factory rear site could go back on even if filled. Not sure why it's even there.

Last edited:

Latest posts