Scope for CZ 457

Displaced_Vol

Picked up a new CZ 457 combo this summer. I threw a cheap old tasco on it but strippeone of the knobs already.
Was planning on upgrading scope anyway and figure I may as well get on with it before there's a shortage of scopes too.
My main question first is should I get a rim fire specific scope, or a more "general" 3-9, 4-12, etc.
This gun has both .22 lr & .17 hmr barrels so i figure that will factor into it. Lets say the budget is $300, but can bump up some if that will really get me a noticeable improvement.
I saw the vortex 2-7 rimfire on sale the other day for like $129?

Dennis

I have the 452 American combo and I put a Leupold VX-2 rimfire EFR 3-9x33 fine duplex scope on it. It really is a good choice for a rimfire scope. I paid around $400 as I recall. Now that model is discontinued but the VX-freedom model looks like the same scope:

I don't think you would regret the above choice, even though it may be more expensive than what you had in mind,

Tenntrapper

I think it would depend on your intended use. I have a Weaver Classic Rimfire 2.5-7 on my 457. It serves me well for my use. "Regular" scopes are paralex adjusted to 100 yrds. "Rimfire" scopes are adjusted to 50. Rimfire scopes usually have a finer crosshair..makes shooting at smaller targets easier. My .02

Displaced_Vol

I think it would depend on your intended use. I have a Weaver Classic Rimfire 2.5-7 on my 457. It serves me well for my use. "Regular" scopes are paralex adjusted to 100 yrds. "Rimfire" scopes are adjusted to 50. Rimfire scopes usually have a finer crosshair..makes shooting at smaller targets easier. My .02
I'll do some target shooting with it as well as squirrel hunt with it. May try and shoot at some coyotes with the .17 but I don't know. I'm definitely leaning rimfire specific now I think.

Dennis

That scope i mentioned above has fine crosshairs and an adjustable objective, which is why I like it. But that's also why it is a little expensive.

Latest posts