SCI show in Dallas????

TNRifleman

TNRifleman

Anyone ever been to this. I am thinking of making a run down there with a buddy on Friday night to go to the show on Saturday and come home the next day. Is it worth spending 14 hours in the car to walk around the show for 6 or 7 hours?

david k.

david k.

When? And don't forget, my sister lives in Dallas...that equals a free meal (Mickey is a good cook!) and a free place to stay!

david k.

david k.

Just saw it was this weekend...I'll be hunting one last time. But you could swing by and see Mickey, make him cook something for you and put you up for the night!

B

blondebear

tnrifleman,

did u make the the dallas show ? just wondering if u could give a report.

last safari club show i've been to was when it was still held in reno. i always attended all 3 days from open 2 close and still could have spent another day or 2. i think they bragged on 8 miles worth of booths and i don't doubt it, feet and lower legs hurt every day. lots of seminars, dinner,and such. always the whos who in the hunting world were in attendance.

always heard dallas was fantastic and compared to reno ( now vegas) and wanted to visit the dallas show.

TNRifleman

TNRifleman

blondebear":2lcegon1 said:
tnrifleman,

did u make the the dallas show ? just wondering if u could give a report.

last safari club show i've been to was when it was still held in reno. i always attended all 3 days from open 2 close and still could have spent another day or 2. i think they bragged on 8 miles worth of booths and i don't doubt it, feet and lower legs hurt every day. lots of seminars, dinner,and such. always the whos who in the hunting world were in attendance.

always heard dallas was fantastic and compared to reno ( now vegas) and wanted to visit the dallas show.

We did go. It was actually the Dallas Safari Club and not SCI. It was a great show overall and we walked aorund for about 6 hours. We were able to to see everything as there were many booths we had no real interest in. There were a TON of international outfitters as to be expected. We went to look at a few very specific things along with all of the clothing and gear companies. My buddy wanted to specifically look at the HuntVe's as he is looking to get one. He also wanted to look at a feeder that has a built in air compressor that will through corn about 90 feet. We got to see both of those along with a bunch of Elk outfitters as we are planning our next couple of year's trips.

Overall, it was a great show. First Lite had a huge sale in their booth (40% off) and most other major clothing companies were there. There were also a fair amount of booths for things that weren't related to hunting but that is too be expected. Overall, it was great show and we will likely go back. I picked up a few things at First Lite and a Fenix flashlight. Also got to see Kendal Jones and met Laramy "Sasquatch" Miller and talk to him about an elk hunt in Montana.

The only thing that really struck me as odd is the number of hipster/lumbersexuals that were there. Bunch of guys walking around in skinny jeans, trendy plaid flannel, flatbill hats and boots that were never meant to walk on anything but concrete. I am hopeful this was just a result of it being in a big city but there were enough of them to give me pause and hope this is not where this industry is heading.

B

blondebear

thanks so much for the report tnrifleman !

thats exactly what 1st hand info i was looking for. i'm particularly interested in the international outfitters and it sure does compare to sci. i pulled up the dsc convention website and took a look at the exhibitors. big thumbs up. next "big" hunt show i attend will be in dallas.

couple other nice hunt show venues are the harrisburg,pa and jacob javitts center in n.y. been quite some time since i've been to either, the n.y. show may have been moved.

ticket prices sure are reasonable compared to sci. last trip to the sci the entrance fee was 300 bucks for the duration.

for those interested i checked sci also and they are moving back to reno from vegas for the 2019 show.

:rotf: hipsters ! what always struck my funny bone at the sci conventions were the number of men there with "rented" wives. they all were dressed to the hilt in sexy clothes. including high and stiletto heels to walk all day on a hard floor.

TNRifleman

TNRifleman

At $20, it was a bargain. Lots of really cool taxidermy as well.

As for the rented wives, there wasn’t a woman in the place better looking than my wife

Deer Assassin

Deer Assassin

Supporter
TNRifleman":11qkizi0 said:

As for the rented wives, there wasn’t a woman in the place better looking than my wife
lol good answer

TNRifleman

TNRifleman

Deer Assassin":aoy2kxcx said:
TNRifleman":aoy2kxcx said:

lol good answer

Some guys say they outkicked their coverage. Me, I am not even on the same playing field.