School me on suppressors

Rammer Jammer

So after deciding to keep my rem700 aac-sd, I am considering a suppressor. Overtime at work has been pretty good lately so that would definitely help with the big purchase. I don't know much about suppressors. Titanium vs stainless? Good brands? I've done a little searching on silencer central and it looks like they do pretty much everything for you with the atf and the tax stamp so that's a plus. I enjoy hearing y'all's opinions. Thanks.

Wiley

silencertalk.com is THE site to do your homework. A good centerfire suppressor is gonna start at about $700 and go up from there. I honestly don't believe there's enough difference other than weight to spend more than 7 or 8 hundred. Liberty Suppressors makes top shelf stuff not too far from you in Trenton, GA. David Saylors is the proprietor and you can demo his products there on site unless something has changed........

44 mag

I used silencer shop you can do pretty much everything from your computer and just go to any kiosk for your finger prints. It was very easy and pain free. As far as brand and make up, I can just say do your research. I went with dead air for my .30 cal can and am very pleased.

rhyned

Weight is a big deal to me, so I prefer Titanium. If you're only going to use it for hunting and you have standard barrel lengths, you might want to look at the Harvester. It's very light with good suppression, but can't handle a high rate of fire or short barrels. I bought my first one as an individual, but did a trust for the rest of them. It's a little bit more trouble, but it gives you the option of letting someone else ( kids in the future for me ) use it if you decide to.

MUP

It's my understanding that Dead Zero Shooting Range will also help you with the paperwork, and will allow you to "test drive" it at the range until your paperwork comes back. ;) This is what I'm thinking about doing.

Wiley

It's my understanding that Dead Zero Shooting Range will also help you with the paperwork, and will allow you to "test drive" it at the range until your paperwork comes back. ;) This is what I'm thinking about doing.
If they have various models from various manufacturers that a person can try out, that's a great thing. If you have to buy one before you can shoot it, not so great.

dirtyhands

So after deciding to keep my rem700 aac-sd, I am considering a suppressor. Overtime at work has been pretty good lately so that would definitely help with the big purchase. I don't know much about suppressors. Titanium vs stainless? Good brands? I've done a little searching on silencer central and it looks like they do pretty much everything for you with the atf and the tax stamp so that's a plus. I enjoy hearing y'all's opinions. Thanks.
I bought mine from silencer central. Still waiting on the government but the process was super easy. They took care of all the paperwork. I ordered the fingerprint kit and did them hear at thr house. Was even able to spread out the payments over four months.

LY

If going on bolt actions you'll want direct thread. If going on AR style, then you can go either way. Just keep in mind that if using muzzle device attachments you'll need them for each and every firearm you plan on mounting it too and that can add up to a lot $$$.

Make sure it'll handle the largest caliber and/or gun you plan putting it on, the majority of them have a max. caliber that they can be used on. A good number also have a minimum barrel length based on the caliber as well. You may not be getting one for a short barrel now, but it's hard to tell what the future brings so I'd plan accordingly.

If you find one you like and don't push your budget too bad I'd also consider getting a second one in .22 LR. It's amazing how addictive they are on .22's.

MUP

I'm going to find out for sure, and I'll let you guys know if this is how it works out there.
Yes indeed, I talked to the guys out there yesterday, and you can order and have it shipped there, and while you're awaiting your paperwork/permits to arrive, you can have "conjugal" visits with your "loved one" in the meantime. :)

Latest posts