School Going Too Far

Vermin93

Sadly, this does not surprise me. Generally speaking, teaching, like journalism, is a more common education and career path for people with a liberal mindset. I'm sure most of us have known a few teachers over the years. The ones I have known are mostly liberal to varying degrees. Obviously there are exceptions. If you have kids in school and college, chances are they will be taught and influenced by more liberal teachers than moderate or conservative ones. This liberal influence (or brainwashing, as some would call it) is evident in the voting and polling statistics among young people. It has been that way for quite a while, especially on college campuses. I think it's important for parents to be on the lookout for this kind of social engineering taking place in school and to counter it at home and with complaints to the school and certain media outlets who will listen. The best thing to do is to out these people and make them and the school feel the heat from concerned parents and taxpayers.

fishboy1

This is a huge opportunity for private schools to HAMMER the public school market.

Offer excellent teaching in the basics with QUALITY curriculum.
NONE of the government mandated brainwashing.

Instead offer a curriculum which focuses on critical thinking skills, financial literacy, problem solving, leadership, and management skills, and understanding government/civics.

Those kids will be the next crop of innovators and industry leaders. Further down the road, they will be the ones in position to win elections and start steering our country back on course.

backroads

Vermin93 said:
I think it's important for parents to be on the lookout for this kind of social engineering taking place in school and to counter it at home and with complaints to the school and certain media outlets who will listen. The best thing to do is to out these people and make them and the school feel the heat from concerned parents and taxpayers.

You are absolutely right. I'm telling my kids to watch what my grandkids are being taught. They need to become more active in their schools.

Latest posts