School buses

fatboy

I'm seeing and hearing a lot of folks complaining about not having bus transportation for their children.
The kids live well outside walking distance. The county is Bradley. I'm sure we aren't the only ones. Anyone else seeing this issue

iowavf

Having the same issues in Iowa. Not enough bus drivers. Some schools upping the pay for drivers and food service people to try and get some to work.

bigquacks

Lack of drivers due to poor pay and hardly any hours, but the biggest thing is the kids on the buses have no respect for anything and the drivers dont want the headache. I have heard that school systems dont have to provide transportation.

Remington700

It is a lack of licensed drivers. Schools do not have to offer transportation. They all do because of attendance and the money attached to it. Can’t find teachers either. Sadly it will get worse before it gets better.

TNGunsmoke

We had a bunch of drivers quit the first day of school. Not sure if they've been able to recruit enough to replace them all yet, but the last I heard they were running multiple routes and running later to get the kids to school and back home. I'm glad my kids are out of school and I don't have to worry with such nonsense now.

DaveB

Ever since a bus driver kicked me off the bus when the Indiana Temp was 8 degrees because I lived one block too close to the school I have had a real thing for buses and such.

Tax dollars wasted. fat kids proliferating everywhere. Not getting any mercy outta me.

TNTreeman

Supporter
It’s crazy to me to think how much is spent on getting the kids to school as opposed to the actual educating them. I know they have to be there to get educated but to me it seems there should be a better way.

mike52

Wilson county has had a driver shortage for the last 3 years and it's only getting worse. Seems like the management of the school buses don't know what they are doing (according to a newly quit driver)

rem270

Supporter
Guy at work has to meet in a Wendy's parking lot to pick his kids up every day after school. He usually has to wait 5-45 mins for the bus because the driver sometimes has to do multiple routes because of a shortage of drivers.

Latest posts