savage unvails

280longshot

I just looked, so what's your opinion?
I like Savage rifles but to me they really need to consider reducing the different models, I don't know how they keep up with it.

UpperTully

Looks like a mix of a Savage / Remington 783 / Magpul.

I wish these companies would stick with a traditional style stock appearance with checkering or stippling on guns. They're doing way to much to be different and its just making them uglier.

knightrider

I like the idea of being able to customize the fit to me with the adjustable cheek weld and length of pull, I don't care if its "ugly" its a tool used to kill stuff :D

280longshot

UpperTully":1db22tvs said:
Looks like a mix of a Savage / Remington 783 / Magpul.

I wish these companies would stick with a traditional style stock appearance with checkering or stippling on guns. They're doing way to much to be different and its just making them uglier.

I agree!

lungpuncher1

knightrider":2k8vqhh5 said:
I like the idea of being able to customize the fit to me with the adjustable cheek weld and length of pull, I don't care if its "ugly" its a tool used to kill stuff :D
That tool has alot of weak spots.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

TraumaSlave

Darn it,, they hung my with a new rope.
I like it. Cudoos to Savage for coming out with a customizable rifle to add to their out of the box superiority.

knightrider

lungpuncher1":3fgl13v4 said:
knightrider":3fgl13v4 said:

Do tell? I've never owned a Savage that wouldn't shoot better than I could, you see I'm not a gun or brand snob I just like stuff that shoots where I point it, when I can kill anything walking with the right caliber suited with the right bullet I see no problem.

lungpuncher1

knightrider":r0ublrae said:
lungpuncher1":r0ublrae said:
knightrider":r0ublrae said:

Do tell? I've never owned a Savage that wouldn't shoot better than I could, you see I'm not a gun or brand snob I just like stuff that shoots where I point it, when I can kill anything walking with the right caliber suited with the right bullet I see no problem.
Easy killer, I like savages too.

I'm talking about the stock. Alot of "adjustability" aka weak spots.

jlanecr500

IMO anything is better than a new Remington. Never owned a Savage that didn't shoot well. Bought a used 338 Win Mag from Kimber for an action donor. That thing shoots better than I imagined. I worked up a load of 225 Accubond with IMR4350. Did a 10 load progression in .3gr intervals. What amazed me was that 5 of the 10 groups were 1/4" at 120 yards. That is a wide node. That rivals some of my match grade builds. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :D

knightrider

[/quote]
Do tell? I've never owned a Savage that wouldn't shoot better than I could, you see I'm not a gun or brand snob I just like stuff that shoots where I point it, when I can kill anything walking with the right caliber suited with the right bullet I see no problem.[/quote]Easy killer, I like savages too.

I'm talking about the stock. Alot of "adjustability" aka weak spots.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk[/quote]I was being easy lol, its not that I like savage as to say, but any gun that hits where I point it, the adjustability is just different parts that can be interchanged. its not like they are pull and click adjustments so I don't see how they can be weak, but time will tell

DaveB

My Son has one of the new Boyds laminated stocks that look very much like this new Savage.

Yep, there are problems-Weight is the big one---the Boyd design locks the movable pieces. It would have been better to cover the movable pieces so you don't display the parts that have to stay clean.

However, since everyone has different needs you may find the movable functionality to be right up your alley.

Here's a picture:
https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/