Savage Axis II or Model 110?

AJared

I am thinking about a purchasing a new rifle in .308 and was wondering what the communities opinion is of the Savage Axis II vs the Savage model 110? Thanks!

philsanchez76

I own both and the 110 is much better fit and finish. However I will say that accuracy between the 2 is totally equal. So if you're on a budget, tough to beat savage for accuracy. Thing that really annoys me on the axis is you get a 308 so short action right? wrong, it's still long and they block it to save $. But still hard to be upset with that daggum amazing out of the box accuracy.

DaveB

Depends upon your wallet.

The two Axis I own are unreal accurate and my cash outlay is less than the Vortex glass on them.

As for bolt issues....hmmmm.......Whatever you do, do not pick up a Browning X-Bolt. Smoother than a baby';s bottom. Compared to the 110 price is close.

AJared

The two Axis I own are unreal accurate and my cash outlay is less than the Vortex glass on them.

As for bolt issues....hmmmm.......Whatever you do, do not pick up a Browning X-Bolt. Smoother than a baby';s bottom. Compared to the 110 price is close.
How is the trigger on the X bolt?

rickyk280

How is the trigger on the X bolt?
The factory trigger on mine sucked, I put a Mcarbo spring in mine.

DaveB

I understand the Savage Accutrigger is pretty good.

This is one of those things you must try for yourself.

Long time ago I took 4 rifles to a local gunsmith and had him adjust all the triggers to match in every way possible.
There were 3 Browning A-bolts and a Remington 700 ADL.

Hit your local gunstore and try each out for yourself.

rickyk280

I understand the Savage Accutrigger is pretty good.

This is one of those things you must try for yourself.

Long time ago I took 4 rifles to a local gunsmith and had him adjust all the triggers to match in every way possible.
There were 3 Browning A-bolts and a Remington 700 ADL.

Hit your local gunstore and try each out for yourself.
The older A-bolts was the best trigger browning ever put in a rifle, simple design easy to work on, as was the the older Rems.

Latest posts