Sauger Saturday

bowhunterfanatic

Finally got to get out on the water today to sauger fish. Of course we found fish in a stretch of the river the provided absolutely ZERO protection from the N wind. I threatened to leave multiple times because I was tired of fighting the wind but I've learned my lesson about leaving fish to find fish. Supper sure did taste good tonight!

Attachments

• 9296B855-B6E3-43FC-93AB-6CC416BE67B8.jpeg
    9296B855-B6E3-43FC-93AB-6CC416BE67B8.jpeg
    587.2 KB · Views: 171

WTM

How do you catch those, and what it the closest place to Nashville to find them? Never caught one before.
hair jig tipped with minnow or jig head with 3" swim bait. might need a stinger if they short strike. bump bottom and keep it close. the cumberland river is full of them. if you fish around clarksville try the railroad bridge area.

bowhunterfanatic

How do you catch those, and what it the closest place to Nashville to find them? Never caught one before.
WTM is pretty much spot on. The only thing I would add is that a stinger hook isn't optional for me. I won't fish without one. As for Nashville, I'll just have to apologize there. All my experience is limited to the TN River from Pickwick Dam to Beech Creek in Clifton. If you ever decide you want to make the trek down that way let me know and I'll do my best to point you in the right direction.

Latest posts