Saturday was rough

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Dunno what speed the wind was blowing but I think the gusts were 25-30.
Heavy rain overnight made the water look like chocolate milk.
Plus water was going over the spillway big time!
Basically flood conditions.
100 acre lake and it was white capping. Never seen that there before.
Managed 2 bream 1 warmouth and 1 small bass.
After a little over 3 hours I hollered calf rope.

Had the anchor out but the whipping of the front still made fishing almost impossible.
Had to break out the redneck spot lock.

Still beat working.
7A60E572-AEB0-4409-9746-FB35D247EB12.jpeg

ADR

Upgrading my tracker with an ultrex with spot lock and i-pilot link is one of the best things I've done

I would highly recommend it for days like Saturday

Last edited:

Sako

it was white capping here in east TN as well... I did not even think about going out after seeing the wind here

ADR

The wind had been brutal this year so far. I hate fishing in high winds. Just takes the fun out of it for me.
Yep, it seems most pretty days this year have been accompanied by high winds. This likelihood has only increased if it is a pretty day on a weekend.

moondawg

I went fishing at Shelby Forest Saturday afternoon. Wasn't windy, but the water was brown as chocolate milk thanks to Friday's storm. Didn't catch anything, but it was cool to get the kayak out for a bit.

Last edited:

East TN Bowhunter

Upgrading my tracker with an ultrex with spot lock and i-pilot link is one of the best things I've done

I would highly recommend it for days like Saturday
Would an Ultrex fit on a Tracker Super Guide V-16 SC? My Dad has an older Minn Kota on it and we would love to have spot lock and also livescope would be easier to mount on an Ultrex than a Terrova since it folds out and does not slide thru like our current trolling motor we have.

JBell

It should fit on any of them. You may have to have a bracket or something. But if you have a TM already on there, should go right back. They have 3 different shaft lengths as well if that V sits a little higher

Latest posts