Santa came early!

infoman jr.

Added one to the 1911 collection!
IMAG1257.jpg

Mid

Would love to know what you think about it as compared to others you have/had...been thinkin on one also, o'course the wife keeps nagging me about spending money....sumptin bout me needing to get a job....phtttt(Noise caused by flapping of lips when expelling air) what does she know right....

infoman jr.

Mid said:
Would love to know what you think about it as compared to others you have/had...been thinkin on one also, o'course the wife keeps nagging me about spending money....sumptin bout me needing to get a job....phtttt(Noise caused by flapping of lips when expelling air) what does she know right....
I use the word "collection" somewhat in jest; this makes my second 1911. I also have a Colt that was made in the 50s which belonged to my grandfather. I'm no judge of 1911's, but the 1911R1 (standard and variations) is selling like crazy. There are many many more models of the R1 coming out soon. I'm more of a polymer pistol kinda guy. This is a pretty slick, tight gun with a good feeling trigger. I feel I am qualified to say that much ;)

DaveB

Listen Infoman, I read this post just in time to save you from an awful fate. You see, these 1911 things are addictive. Yep. Just like those black plastic rifles that look like M-16's. Pretty soon, you'll be spending hours and hours at the range, blasting away, forgetting anniversaries, birthdays, even Valentines Day. Hundreds of dollars, maybe thousands, in ammo up in smoke. You'll have to undergo therapy. But I have a solution. Pack that thing up and I'll slide by and take it away to someplace safe where it won't be able to tempt you to go to the range instead of to work. I know, I know, its a big sacrifice on my part, but I know I am up for it.

Sure is a nice looking 1911. Sighhhhhhhhhhh. Congratulations.

infoman jr.

DaveB said:
Listen Infoman, I read this post just in time to save you from an awful fate. You see, these 1911 things are addictive. Yep. Just like those black plastic rifles that look like M-16's. Pretty soon, you'll be spending hours and hours at the range, blasting away, forgetting anniversaries, birthdays, even Valentines Day. Hundreds of dollars, maybe thousands, in ammo up in smoke. You'll have to undergo therapy. But I have a solution. Pack that thing up and I'll slide by and take it away to someplace safe where it won't be able to tempt you to go to the range instead of to work. I know, I know, its a big sacrifice on my part, but I know I am up for it.

Sure is a nice looking 1911. Sighhhhhhhhhhh. Congratulations.

Well, you see, it's not that simple. There IS a range at work, two in fact. I can't get away... And it's much worse than pistols. I'm hot and heavy into 3 gun competition. So I've got a couple of those evil black rifles, too. And then there's skeet shooting and sporting clays. Let's not go there.

Sigh...

Buccaneer

Don't hurt yourself Infoman. That is one sweet 1911. I had my father-in-law's (Air Force) Colt 1911 Commander service pistol customized for my youngest son who is an (Army) Infantry Company Commander and it is one sweet shooter. I want a Remington Full Size 1911 for my own collection. Sweet gun.

DaveB

Okay Infoman, my attempt failed, but because of you I have started a small cookie jar bank with a gummy label that says REM 1911.

Jeez, now I'll need a Dillon. I bet I've looked at that picture ten times. You know, we might be related, I got kin up Louisville way, grew up in Charlestown IN...I once caught a catfish and 4 black crappie at some big lake in KY, neighbor guy took me. You think? I just stuffed another 20 in that jar.

infoman jr.

A Dillon, huh? I'd need more than a piggy bank for one of those. I'll just stick with their calendars!

DaveB said:
You know, we might be related, I got kin up Louisville way, grew up in Charlestown IN...I once caught a catfish and 4 black crappie at some big lake in KY, neighbor guy took me. You think? I just stuffed another 20 in that jar.

I kinda doubt we're related. I grew up closer to Louisville, TN than Louisville, KY. I'm a Morristown native.

Latest posts