Sandhill crane question

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I was drawn 2 years ago.
Took the little test and got everything in order.

My question is, if I get drawn next year do I have to retake the test or am I good to go forever?

TAFKAP

The test is required each year to ensure a valid permit.

Out of curiosity, did you remember performing the post-season survey the year you got drawn?

TAFKAP

I'm developing a theory here. Everyone I know that got drawn this year (besides me) is a first-year draw. A few others have been drawn before, but not hunted. I'm wondering if their lack of survey participation affected their chances of getting a permit this season.

GUNNERX2

A couple of years ago, I got a permit but didn't kill any. They wanted the info anyways, so I sent in the survey. A few weeks later, I got a notice that I had not responded with the survey. Sent it in again and heard nothing else. Didn't get drawn in two years. If I remember correctly, they said there would be a penalty if you didn't send in the survey.

CATCHDAWG

When I went to the in-person drawings they made it very clear that if you didn't complete the survey and send it in, you would not be eligible for tags the following year EVEN IF YOU DID NOT HUNT.

TAFKAP

They've always said that not participating would affect future ability to hunt, but some folks are going multiple years now

Latest posts