Sold/Expired Samsung Washer & Dryer

david k.

Free...matching set, washer & dryer

Samsung WA5471ABWXAA Washer
Samsung DV5471A Dryer (electric)

These are about 10 years old and my wife has already purchased a new washer / dryer set that is to be delivered sometime this week and rather than pay $60-70 to have the old ones hauled off I thought I'd post here to see if anyone wants them for free.

They are both operable....in fact, they are both running as I'm typing this message.....the washer has been throwing an error code of "8E" which, based on my research, means the vibration sensor has gone bad so the computer thinks the load is out of balance....the part number to replace is either DC93-00278E or DC93-00278B (probably either one would work) and I've seen them online for $29-59 and it seems to be a 15-20 minute fix....

The truth is that I could have saved myself $1600 if I'd have done this research when my wife started complaining about the error code and BEFORE she went to the appliance store last week....procrastination and laziness costs me again!!!

The only other issue I am aware of is that sometime in the past she said the dryer did not shut off once....I asked her if its happened again since I changed the heating element last year and she said no....she mentioned it happened when she had it set on "Auto Dry" which I know is controlled by a moisture sensor that would tell the machine when to shut off. I know that part is like $10 if its necessary but she almost always runs the dryer on a "Timed Dry" setting and this has never been an issue since. So it was either the bad $10 sensor OR the heating element that I replaced just hadn't gotten the clothes dry so the sensor was working properly and still showed the clothes as damp??

In any event, the purchase has been made and these will be free for the taking after her new machines are delivered sometime this week...we are located near Lakeland, TN.

Let me know if you want them ASAP as if I don't receive any takers, I'll pay to have them hauled off when the new machines are delivered.

david k.

I should add a follow up....the 8E error code I mentioned does not happen every time and when it does, it happens at the end of the wash cycle during the final "spin"

When it happens, my wife usually just runs a quick "Rinse and Spin" cycle to assure all the soap is out of the clothes.

Here is the video showing how to replace the part....super easy job....

backyardtndeer

That is a great gesture. My 19 year old is engaged and still lives at home. Her fiance is in the guard, working in a Memphis hospital right now for two months of duty. They had been looking for a set, but I don't know if he got them or not. I will check with my daughter.

david k.

I received a PM asking if they work and why don't I just fix the washer....so I've added a video of the washer running...it does work...and she runs it almost every day! As far as I know the only issue is that the vibration sensor, a $30-40 part, is going bad and sometimes throws an error code in the final spin.

The answer to the question of why I don't fix it is a simple one and it has to do with leverage....if she wants a new washer and dryer, new paint, new rugs, new mattress & box springs...whatever...I always just say yes without question.....that way when I pay for the deer and turkey lease at Ames Plantation every year, pay to go on a guided hunt, etc....there will be no argument....happy wife, happy life. LOL

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0YpAJUGR_RKJR-BLQtxPk8vMg#Bartlett

Last edited: