• Help Support TNDeer:

Sample Letter

Andy S.

I have seen several discussions over the years where members have drafted up letters to send to landowners expressing their interest in the land and possibly leasing it, if terms can be agreed upon. Does anyone on here have a sample letter they could email me? A coworker is wanting one to send to a few landowners around him.

I can PM you my personal email if you have one you are willing to share. Thanks for considering my request.

Chaneylake

I have received some letters in the past.

The only ones that I would read would be the short ones. Almost less that a good paragraph.

the ones that sent me a long read got immediately tossed into file 13 without me even hardly reading.

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Deer Assassin

Chaneylake":n4j6ma8k said:
I have received some letters in the past.

The only ones that I would read would be the short ones. Almost less that a good paragraph.

the ones that sent me a long read got immediately tossed into file 13 without me even hardly reading.

ditto

Kirk

Supporter
I have received a few letters over the years. As stated by Chaney, long letters are not going to get much attention. Short, concise letters are better. Be direct.

The one statement in a letter that always made me trash them quickly, "I will treat your property like it is my own." Number one, it is not their property and I sure as hell don't want anyone trying to act like it is. Number two, it suggests they are going to be the type that once given permission to hunt, they think they own the place.

Dear Farmer Fred.

I am looking for a place to deer hunt. I am hoping you might have time to talk to me about your property or perhaps other properties in your area that might allow me to hunt. I am very willing to pay a fee or provide work in exchange for hunting.

John Doe Shooter
555-555-5555

Wildcat

Like said, a short to the point letter will be read.

Something else to do. Write up a paper with your name, address, several phones, truck make, model and license numbers, etc. To give the landowner when you talk to him.

Latest posts